Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overdose on edibles

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iibrahim264, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Now I've realized it's easier to eat 500mg of thc rather than smoke it. But if I ate like 4 or 5 big cookies and got about 2g of thc in my system could I overdose? Because now it's easier to get more thc in your system more efficiently

2. #2 As Above So Below, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    You can't overdose in the sense like you can with o flowers but you can take too much , in the sense that you will feel sick / green out. You won't die. It just won't be the best experience. A lot of people misjudge edible dosages and they either end up taking too much and getting sick or they don't take enough and it's wasted. It's really a hit and miss. But I also don't live in a med state so I don't get exact thc amounts like you probably do. I've had some bomb ass brownies before and that got me pretty high , but I also had some cookies made by a chef friend of mine and even that didn't have much affect on me. Edibles just aren't my thing. I've had edibles from multiple sources over the years and I came to the conclusion that I just don't like the edible high, just not my thing. It's too hard for me to gauge exactly how much I would need every time.

3. #3 puddleglum, Jun 26, 2015
    I apologize in advance because I am probably going to sound like a dick. [​IMG]

In your other thread, a bunch of us gave you advice to get your life together, mend your relationship with your family, and stop sleeping in the yard. You mentioned you use a little bit of MJ for anxiety, and we were all sympathetic toward you. We've all been there.

Now you are asking for advice about consuming 200x the Colorado legal limit (10mg x 200 = 2g) of THC? You are a young person trying to pull your **** together, and you think using 200x more marijuana than the typical user is going to help you achieve that goal? You are complaining that "your life is over" because your mom is worried about you and is making you ride your bike to work?

Guess, what... I'm on your mom's side now.

I hope nobody reading this in the future takes this child's advice seriously and tries eating 2,000mg of THC. [​IMG]

4. #4 Antwan, Jun 26, 2015
    not trying to be rude
    im trying to
    1. understand why you want to eat 2g of thc and
    2. help you understand you would have to use 40g of grade A flower to get 2000mg of thc

so you say you smoke for anxiety.. getting really high on edibles will make your anxiety worsen.. and REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS OVER. or going to be over[​IMG]

you did post a thread about your mother kicking you out of your house for smoking, so why do you want to 'overdose'?
    [​IMG]

Eating 2000mg of edibles is nothing like 2g of flower. 2g of flower at 20% is only 400mg.

Trying to eat 2000mg is trying to consume 200 times the average single dose.

Either you should do some research on dosing, instead of asking a forum if you would 'overdose' if you eat 2000mg of thc in edible form you should never wanna do it again if the edible was made right.
    Eat a 20mg edible and base your dose off of that, if you could eat 1x20mg edible and get lit, why would you eat 100?

If your looking for a serious high, and cannabis is not doing it for you, this is probably the wrong forum for you. lol

i hope you see what everyone is trying to get through. dont make an even worse decision because of a bad decision has already been made, they have psyche wards for people that fold under pressure like that.

5. #5 puddleglum, Jun 26, 2015
    Here's a suggestion: You mention you only have $300 left in the whole world? Take the money you would have spent on all that herb, and do something nice for your mom. Maybe offer to help her with her car insurance bill? [​IMG]

6. it was supposed to be 40 grams my pinky hit 10 ^.^

i agree with puddleglum^ the 300 would definitely cover car insurance for a couple months. or shit, if you want to act like a grown up, have you tried to give your mother money for rent or bills for living in her house disobeying her rules? sometimes once you contribute, issues are alleviated because your being mature about your decisions instead of wasting it on a habit that she doesnt like.

AGE WOULD BE A HUGE FACTOR HERE. i wont lie, i had older people bagging on me for being bullheaded when i was a little younger too, but you learn from it. your mother is TRYING to help you(may not be the best of ways) but you dont even realize it.

overall fixall would be stop smoking until you got some paychecks under your belt working this job your supposed to start,
    help your mom with bills and money. she did for you for the first 18 years of your life..
    then when you move out of your mothers house, its a rite of passage, burn a fatty when you move into your own place!
    YOUR OWN PAD = YOUR OWN RULES.
    NOT YOUR ROOF = NOT YOUR RULES.
    hope this helps.

7. Go for 3000mg I believe in you

8. #8 iibrahim264, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    You fucking idiot. I never said I'd actually take this much of edibles. I'm just bored and curious if it's possible to overdose on edibles cause they're more potent. Did u ever think of that? Fucking stupid. So before u come on here and disrespect me and act like I'm some loser taking a shitload of edibles maybe show some respect and stop writing cocky and rude comments bitch!

Name calling and disrespect will not be tolerated at Grasscity. As you're new here, I suggest you read, and re-read our rules whick can be found here: http://forum.grasscity.com/general/899267-grasscitycom-forum-guidelines.html - Chunk

9. The funny part about that comment is I contribute 200 a month for insurance. Have a 92% average and only turned 18 a day before graduation so yea

10. Your poor, poor mother. My prayers are with you, Mrs. Iibrahim264! :)

11. Can't overdose on edibles.
    I had like Four and a half 200mg+ last 4/20 while smoking and dabbing all day long.
    At that point, the high is really just fighting off a giant wave of tiredness.

12. You're not going to last long here with an attitude like that...

If you're talking overdose as in dead or in the hospital with serious health problems, then no. If you're talking overdose as in taking too much and being extremely uncomfortable at best, then yes.

13. Yea ik i don't usually talk like that but he pushed my buttons

14. What do you expect people to think?

In your OP you could have easily wrote anything along the lines of hypothetically, theoretically, or just simply wrote I'm not actually thinking of doing this, I'm just wondering. Then when you realized people were not completely understanding what you wrote then you could have just explained it without insulting everyone.

If your just going to come on these forums and call the people trying to help you and give you advice "fucking idiots", "bitches", and "fucking stupid" please leave and come back when mature a couple years mentally.

15. #15 Antwan, Jun 27, 2015

I feel bad for you. You could easily search what you asked on here on google and would have got a result. You wanted to ask a question for feedback and now you dont want to hear anything from anyone.. but all you want is support?

no wonder your mother kicked you out...

Sounds like your depressed and rebelling.

Sympathy is something you cant expect on a forum, especially acting like that...

Take care and eventually youll see what everyone is saying...

16. I'll take "dumbest thread of the week" for $400 Alex.

17. the 'DTOTW' lol its got more action than my journal lmao

18. The inhaled ld50 of pure thc is 42 mg/kg. this means a 75kg person would have to inhale over 3.15 grams of PURE thc almost instantly in order to have a 50% chance of fatal overdose. So MAYBE possible to overdose and die after taking like a 4 gram dab directly to the face with zero wasted smoke and hold it until all the thc is absorbed.

http://marijuanamythbusters.com/tag/thc-ld50/

19. #19 bigggsmokey420, Jun 27, 2015
    Yes its very easy to overdose on edibles, you wont die but it will feel like you will. I ate a 200mg cannabutter cookie once advertised as double strength....anyways it fucked me up really bad i felt like i was going to die lol. Now i dont consume over 150mg i learned my lesson.