Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overdone first trip?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by desmond649, Jan 19, 2015.

1. I've smoked some cheap ($5 a gram) mid a couple times with friends before and got a decent little buzz, but I've never smoked any stronger shit, with friends or alone.

A couple weeks ago though I decided to go buy some loud ($20 a gram) and rolled it in some 'white grape' Rello's. Was able to make two nice joints out of it. I figured 1/4 of a gram would be a good start, right? Probably would have been spaced out over an hour or so, but I didn't really do much research on it like I do with other stuff, because I was under the impression you couldn't fuck up with weed...I was wrong...Really wrong. I smoked 1/4 of the gram, or half a joint = about 8-10 hits, didn't really count, in less than 10 minutes before the first hit had any time to kick in. Smoking it at a cigarette pace pretty much. Really big fuck up on my part.

About 2 minutes after I took the last hit of it (ended up doing the gatorade bottle shit just to get one or two more hits out of it) my heart started racing. (I checked my pulse on a blood pressure monitor about 15 minutes in, it was 175bpm.) and I could feel every single beat. Back to back to back. Nearly three beats per second. It was absolute torture. I could feel the pulses in my veins in my arms, legs, every single one. I thought my heart was going to stop or stroke out or some shit. It lasted for a good two hours, although the feeling every heart beat lasted well into the next day. Tunnel vision at it's most extreme points. My mouth felt like I hadn't had a drink in years. I couldn't feel my mouth anymore. I've had some bad trips on other stuff before, but this was like no other. 

Is it because of how quick I smoked it, how much I smoked in a short period of time, or what? I want to try it again soon, but if I ever have to go through that again... 

2. Maybe weed just isn't for you

3. It's a regular weed high you can laugh about it or cry about it that's the only difference between a good and bad trip

4. I dont believe you have done harder drugs if weed fucked you up that much.

You dont gotta lie to kick it....

5. Oh yeah, dont call being high a "trip" please

6. With all the good ass weed out there today new smokers make that mistake even more. It's strong lol, but for a first high it's best if you're really comfortable and with a friend getting comfortably ripped your first time is awesome.

7. You got a typical bad high OP. I didn't get bad highs until I developed a bit of a tolerance, I feel that the "holy crap I am stoned this is crazy" kind of subsided and I started to focus more on "holy crap my heart is racing"

The first time I smoked was also mids and I got really stoned.

Your best bet would be to take one small toke, and wait it out for 5 minutes to see how you feel. Since your first high was a bad one, you might be more prone to noticing those negative effects in the future. Take a very small toke and see how you feel. You will probably get a giggly trippy high if you don't over do it.

8. #8 desmond649, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    Other stuff as in "unmentionables". Basic shit. Don't see why anyone would lie about that... (Nothing hard if that's what you had in mind)

9. #9 desmond649, Jan 19, 2015

Yeah, I figured. I've got anxiety, so in any situation I'm prone to think of the negative shit before the positives. I focused on the heartbeat more than anything, because 175? That's insane. People with weaker hearts have died because of 160bpm, that + the ridiculous cotton mouth freaked me out a bit I guess. (I think that happened partly because I already have a high resting bpm, usually around 115.)

When I smoked the mid, we had a gram, two joints also, I smoked about an entire joints worth out of the two by myself but over the course of an hour or so. Was pretty good, felt giggly and shit for the first hour and just chilled for the next hour or so.

That's what I was thinking, take a hit, wait 5, maybe take another, and max out around 3 or 4 just for that next time to see if those negative effects happen again.

10. #10 ReturnFire333, Jan 19, 2015

Yeah man take it slow. Also a word of adivce, discussing any other drugs besides cannabis, alcohol, and caffeine, is prohibted on GC. I'd recommend editing those out of your post up there before a moderator gives you hastle. We call all other drugs "unmentionables" around here. It's one highly enforced rule on an otherwise un-authorative community.

11. #11 desmond649, Jan 19, 2015
    Yeah, that's my intention. If it happens again on just a couple hits? I'll just assume weed isn't for me I guess, maybe try it again in the future. I've seen some say different types don't cause raised heart rates, but where I live (AL) the people around barely know shit about it. To them, mid is mid, loud is loud. Money is money.

Fixed. Thanks.

12. #12 ReturnFire333, Jan 19, 2015

Yeah if you're in a non-medical state you won't get any specific type of weed. I would literally take only 1 small toke, and see how you feel. Also maybe drink a beer if you're of age, since alcohol is a depressant and might help. And obviously try to have a positive mindset. The first high can really feel pretty trippy, try to laugh at how crazy it is.

13. If you're getting this sort of high that you don't like with really good weed, just go back to smoking mids, and if you get your tolerance up enough that you want to try something better, try it. But in moderation.