Over watering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 24karrotts, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Hello fellow blades!
    I'm starting my first grow, it's a 3x3 tent with a 400watt MH bulb running 24 hours a day. Temps are a perfect 75, humidity is 30% but I have a humidifier on the way. However, I am worried about 3 of the clones I purchased. I transplanted them yesterday into 5 gallon Dwc buckets ph'd at 5.8.
    No nutrients yet.
    They are yellow with Burnt tips. This is how I purchased them (from a rec dispensery in OR) the employee told me they would grow out of it... First off, the pH rose from 5.8 to 7.5 overnight, due to them being started in rockwool maybe? They haven't gotten worse, aside from the over watering from transplant (starting to perk back up though). Btw, The ppms of the tap water I'm using range from 80-110.

Here's pics: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The strains are in order:
    Gateway Kush
    Alaskan Thunderfuck
    Gorilla Glue #12
    Blue Dream (healthiest green one)

So. What can I do to aid this? And any suggestions? This is literally my first grow, I'm expecting mistakes.

P.S. The clones were inspected on 11/?, so does that mean they are a couple months old?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 DankDolph, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    I've never seen clones this large purchased from a dispensary. How much root mass is there, or are these literally fresh cuts? They most likely need more then just water, and are ready for food.

How tall are they? And how much room head room do you have? How long have you been in possession of them?

3. The ph rise is due to using fresh buckets (I'm guessing you didn't scrub them?)

4. Just rinsed them, should I scrub them with soap?

5. Hi... These clones seem more like teenagers! The yellowing could be from a lack of nutrients. The plant will use the lower leaves for food and they will start to yellow. If you followed all of the DWC instructions, then I would suggest that you start them on a low nutrient and see if that helps. The yellow leaves near the bottom will never 'recover', but you should start to see growth on the top.

Make sure you keep an eye on the water temps in the buckets. If it gets too high, you can have issues with root rot.

I have also seen pH rise from using hydroton (expanded clay pellets) that was not rinsed and soaked in low pH water. But other claim that they just rinse it off and use it. I use a drip/DWC system, so I might have gotten the pH rise because the nute solution was passing over the hydroton. In a DWC, you don't have this issue since the nutes are just below the net pot and hydroton.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 24karrotts, Jan 7, 2017
    Massive root mass, they were completely taking over the small container before I transplanted. What ppm should I raise them too? 10"-12" I have about 8 feet total light and buckets both take 3 feet together so 5 feet for the plants. (gorilla 3x3 tent with extensions). I bought them yesterday.

7. #7 24karrotts, Jan 7, 2017
    Update: Giving clones 10ml of botinacare pure blend grow, bring ppm up to 200 for the blue Dream; a little less for the other 3 sickly ones. Also scrubbing Dwc buckets.

8. Hi 24K... If they just got into hydro from dirt, then I think the PPM is a good starting point. Check the PPM daily and if it starts to go down, then the plants are taking in the nutrients. This will also cause slight pH raise (.1 or .2). These are good things!

I always use either H2o2 or bleach to clean everything. Make sure to rinse real well...and be careful of the H2o2... The hydro store stuff can be very strong...35%.

Above all...just be patient...keep an eye on your numbers (pH, ppm, temps, etc), sit back, and enjoy!

9. Ok, sounds good. pH is worrying me a little, it rose .5 in an hour. Now it appears to have stabilized for the last 2 but I'll keep checking it. Thank you!!!

10. #10 24karrotts, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Update: Adding nutes was a bad idea (except for maybe the blue dream) most got burned. I replaced half the water to lower ppms (except for the blue dream because the ppm was dropping a bit, the rest were rising). Anything I can do to recover?. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. #11 24karrotts, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Alright. So, there fucking preflowering now (wtf?). I bought them less then a week ago, theyve been under a 400watt mh bulb on 24/7, about 3-4 feet away. Uhhhhhh, can anyone explain this? Is it even flowering? Is it the stress? Or because the lights too far away??? There have not been any power outages or anything. Seriously kinda blown away, I cant find anything like it. (And yea I know they are looking really bad my pH meter broke a couple days ago and the new one hasn't arrived yet )[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Two of them didn't, one of the sicker ones did, blue dream was doing incredible until last night when I saw a small amount of root aphids

13. My question is ehy did you buy them if they looked like that? I would have laughed at them and walked away.

They probaly gave you pest ridden clones....

14. Only place that had clones in my area that didn't involve driving an hour and back. They told me they would be fine, and would grow out of it, was unaware of pests. Plus they were really nice strains... Will not be returning for sure. I did pick the best looking ones too. Well I learned.

15. I also got a large clone like yours that was in dirt. It was kept in poor lighting for its size around 1 1/12feet. I transplanted it into hydro but getting all the dirt off was impossible. The leaves got burnt from the sun I'm assuming. And yes it's an outdoor hydroponic setup. and now they are curling like I've never seen more than yours. I think it's a boron deficiency Some how the combo dirt to hydro. I also thought it was really weak so I gave it anishley 1/4 strath general hydroponic solution. That was a weak and a half ago I just changed my water today to a normal amount of solution with cal mag and hydrogard. We'll see how this works.