Over watering? Over nuted? Please help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Friitz, Sep 26, 2020.

1. In the 3rd week or so of flower and my leafes are oranging at the tips i know this is common when u over supliment them but its the same feeding schedule as a week ago. Could this be because i need to up the dosage of nutes? Or is it over fed? Also ive been spraying the bottom of the leafes with some mist at night to wash any buggies off doubt thats the problem but who knows. Any thing will help. 1601132511768.jpg 1601132552467.jpg 1601132585267.jpg 1601132621181.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. whats your ppm reading, that will let you know without question if youve over or under fed. plants in flower pull nutrients from the leaves as it dies budding, dying leaves during flower is normal not due to over supplementing. Appears to be nute burn tho not common flowering transitioning, have you flushed at all this grow? reason i ask is because not flushing during the grow can cause a salt or nutrient build up over time. I highly recommend a ppm pen takes all the hassle out of growing most common issues occur over improper ph and feeding, if those are under control usually leads to a flawless grow. If you happen to get one i follow a ppm growing guide of course yours dont have to match, as long as the plants are happy. 300 to 450ppms first part of veg 500-700ppms second part of veg 750-950 first part of flower 1,000- 1,600ppms second part of flower. Thats not how much i feed, thats what my run off reads, i dont start feeding until my run off ppms are lower than what they should be for that particular part of the plants life. then i just add the ppms needed to give me that happy number.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So the type of feeding i do is what i think is reffered to as a tea. Once a week and then i water everyday, because its kinda dry lately. I dont have access atm to one of those pens. I was told for outdoor i wouldnt need one lol. I do notice its mostly on the fan leafes. Any way thank you i will look into one of those pens. When you say flush what does that mean exactly? I just understood its watering so that any excess nutes and soil blockages flow out. I feel like im confused tho.

4. These are the nutes 1601134873343.jpg

5. youre in a pot so technically youre not outside. outside grows refer to being in the ground in that case you have the whole earth underneath to absorb the extra nutes and what not. being in a pot you would still have to follow the indoor grow guidelines. the only way you can cleanse the soil in a pot is by flushing or watering with about 3xs more water than usual. my 5 gallons take a gallon and a quarter when i flush its with about 3 gallons. I do this at the beginning of each stage or every 4 weeks. besides mid flower since theres a final flush about week 6 to 8 depending on strains flower time. flushing lowers ppms dramatically so having a ppm pen is helpful to give you a reading so you know how much nutes to put back in or when youve flushed enough i have had to use 6 gallons in the early days to drop a over 3,000 ppm reading on a early veg plant

6. honestly you have 6 weeks or so until harvest final flush coming in 4 or 5 weeks i would just ride it out maybe water a bit more than usual on water days to try and clear some of the extra nutes out causing the burn. but being so close and still looking fairly healthy for the most part I wouldnt give it too much concern.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ooooo that was inciteful thank you. That pot thing blew my mind a little lol. Thanks, do you think without a pen, and i flush, get back to the normal schedule, would i be in danger of mal nourishment? Because im not gonna be able to buy a pen within the weekend.

8. Yeah that was kinda my thought, i also heard of people over nuting a bit just to give it a little oomph.

9. i don't however that would be a growers preference, i withhold water the last 5 or so days to get the extra production of terpenes and resin

10. Really? That some sorta deffence mechanism to collect more water?

11. nah i dont give it anything let it dry all the way up, then remain dry for a couple to few days the plant thinks its almost dead and pushes to reproduce, increasing terpenes and resin production. it wilts and falls over you have to have the buds tied up but mid flower thats a given as the buds are too heavy for the limbs

12. especially since you final flushed 2 weeks prior theres no nutrients and no water the plant goes balls to the wall haha

13. Oooo ok and does that help with curing too?

14. Plants truly are insane dude lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. #15 GroBuddy, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    nah curing is a different beast all in its self to me thats just as if not more so important than the grow, curing can make or break all the work youve put in. if this is your first grow i would keep some to smoke but store away all i could in jars with humidity packs the longer the bud stays stored the better it gets terpenes wise anyhow. after a couple months unopened shit gets loud and tasty. I usually break mine down where i have some then i have a jar to use but i always store some as long as possible before i have to access it the wait is always worth it. The only thing that helps the drying and curing process is experience. now that i think about it increasing terpenes and resin i guess would in a way help the curing process however only by making the bud stronger and more flavorful over time. The quality depends on experience and timing. timing when its dried long enough that can be challenging in the beginning. dont expect it to all dry equally small popcorn first bigger buds days later half ounce to ounce buds a week or more later.

16. I hope i get them half once to ounce bud sheesh so youve been very helpful in breaking this all down for me i appreciate it last question do you hang your buds before you do that ? Or just trim them?

17. #17 GroBuddy, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    no worries brother, I do both really I prefer trimming fan leaves and leaving most sugar leaves as they dry the sugars curl around the bud making for a slower drying time. I always grow 2 to 4 different strains in my tent so they have different flowering times, it would be nice to use the tent for drying as i could control the humidity and temp easily but i hang on bathroom shower rods and closets keeping a light breeze blowing around the drying bud not directly on it. i live in southern new mexico with 5 to 15% humidity if I dont leave the sugar leaves my bud drys in a couple to 3 days which is waaay to fast. the slower you can dry it and the longer you can cure it the better the bud is. I have gardeners wire just twist it around the stem and wrap wire around the rods. The stem snapping but not breaking works at first but the more you harvest youll learn its not always accurate. They say 70% humidity 70 degrees for 7 days is best mine makes it 40 to 60% humidity ( i keep a humidifier and humidity reader with the drying bud ) 70 to 76 degrees for 5 to 10 days but i cure the most of it for 2 to 3 months before opening of course the first week of curing your allowing the jars to breath 15 mins a day after that seal and store

If its a quarter ounce bud I will thin it out removing some but not all sugars half oz bud or bigger i take almost everything off of them the bigger the more concerned you have to be about bud rot. during drying and curing always inspect buds, when allowing to breath check for bud rot once that week of breathing is complete you are good to go without worries

• Like Like x 1
  18. Screen shotted all of this thanks

• Like Like x 1