Over watering or over fert?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HighOnTheHill, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Leaves are curling down.

Temp: 75f
    Lights: 24 on, 4ft 6 lamp T5, 6" from tops
    Humidity: Way too low.
    Ventilation: 4" vortex exhaust, passive intake.
    Containers: 1 quart grow bags
    Soil: Super soil type layering; bottom 2" full strength organic soil mix, top 4-5" seed starter mix.

This isn't my first dance, I don't really feel like I'm over watering. I misted frequently while waiting on sprouts to keep the top layer moist, and have only watered once since then once the bags dried out, as noted by weight.

I'm wondering if maybe the plant hasn't hit the nutrient layer and perhaps too much too soon; a little over fert shock?

Or possibly my frequent misting resulted in keeping the bottom wet for too long between drying?

Would low RH cause this? It's so dry here right now it's not even funny. I haven't managed to ever get my RH over 50% at any point, and can only maintain about 30%, despite soaking the floors (cement) with water PLUS a humidifier. I currently have my intake air coming from a mushroom growing tent where the humidity is always 50% or higher, averaging about 65% RH. We'll see if that doesn't change the RH in my grow area a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Those leaves look pretty dark. My guess would be an abundance of Nitrogen. Don't take my word for it though.

3. I don't think they're excessively dark green, I think that was the white balance on my camera that made it appear that way in the single shots.

Here's another one today. The soil is dry, I actually want to water, but I'm going to let 'em go another 24 hours to see if anything changes.

[​IMG]

4. See the big deep veins on the leaves, thats indicative of over watering, however due to your current climate I don't blame you.
    I do blame you for being "plain" dumb with regard to your soil separation/mix ..readup more on tap root development, as time goes by, plant grows up and down, and hits your evil concoction,....then wam bam,....instant nute burn.
    Better by far to mix these to soils together and thoroughly.
    consider a purchase of some tools
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31965-three-essential-tools.html

Leaves curling down are indicative of to cold, to wet, to dry, to rootbound, etc etc

time to re-pot

peace
    "V"