Over watered?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Devo86, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Hello all,
    I am getting back into the grow life after my state MA made it legal (not official till December 15th). I am making all the noob mistakes it seems I made the first time I did it. I bought a very mulchy, all organic soil that I originally started the seeds in. It was a bad choice that was compounded by not adding perlite when they were in red solo cups. I have since transplanted them to 3 gal pots that have potting soil with plenty of extra perlite added. My problem is I watered these plants Sunday after not watering for about 6 days (using 300w & 450w led's) and now they got the droop. I think the original bad soil I used is retaining the water too much in the 3 gal pot. (Bad soil being centralized at the base of the plant). These are all bag seed so I can get the bugs out before I try my hand at some white rhino and Kayla gold from
    Nirvana and some auto's from attitude. Do you guys think I should just chop these guys up to a loss and start on th good genetics? Thanks for taking the time to read this (sorry for the blurple light)

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Probably under watering. Try sticking to a routine watering/feeding and im sure they'll be fine.
    If you give them the right nutes, ph balance your water, have light at right distance, and some air circulation in your tent, then you should have good looking plants soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I feed straight water for the first 4 weeks from seed but I'm doing autos. They look very warm and dry bro.

4. Thanks for the reply. Just got home from work and expected them to be onn the floor but they look fine now, seems wierd to me but i have no idea what normal is when it comes to growing. i did add a galaxyhydro 300w led in yesterday and shortly after that they wilted. I did water sunday night which is why i thought it was watering but maybe its the light (i have no idea if this theory holds water). On a side note its crazy how much hotter that full spectrum 300w galaxyhydro light runs compared to the viraspectra. I keep temps at 73*, have a very strong outtake fan and for neg pressure along with intake. Now decision time will be when the good seeds show up. Do i choppy choppy or let these plants mature.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I feel your pain man! Try and get a little routine for the plants even after watering picking the pot up to feel how dry she's got through the weight of the soil. Try and get to know when they need fed, she will let you know! Good luck

6. Also I wouldn't chop these plants, leave them in and see how they go! Keep them in a steady schedule and they won't be long in kicking back. I'd recommend pushing as far through your grow you can without nutrients

7. Why wouldn't you go through the full growth?! There's so much to learn besides the germination... go through the veg cycle, learn and try different methods, do the switch to flowering, i would for sure do this as a test run of set up and know what im doing once the good seeds arrive.
    Just my opinion... i always learn more every grow so why chop them after a month??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Advice much apreciated. I will let these (hopefully) ladies go to flower and hopefully harvest. I was probably putting the cart ahead of the horse in cutting these plants and starting the store seeds. Ive read that people over analyze their first grow, and i am fitting that mold.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I'm on my first grow myself but I do think, although it may seem like some wasted time, you should keep going. This way you can see how she reacts. You can still try topping, lst, scrog, ect if you wanted. The other toker brought up going through the veg stage which I agree with. I'm three weeks in and some extra hands on experience would be helpful. Take notes on how often and how much water. You still need to get a feel for nutes. In the next few weeks she'll be drinking like a pig. No sense wasting your last few weeks and starting over. At worst id wait another week or two and then flower. I don't have that experience and I'm nervous I'm going to lose my plants as a result of something stupid

check out my first grow/journal https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1423342/

• Like Like x 1