Over Two Months Of Curing & No Smell

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SMOKE O'PLENTY, May 20, 2012.

1. My bud has been curing for over two months now and it still doesnt have a good strong smell that described this strain which is Tangerine Dream. It burns fast and the high does not last that long. Far from the 25% thc description Barneys Farms claims. This was an outdoor grow in California. I can only guess it may have dried too fast?

2. Sounds like it was dried too fast....as far as the reduced potency, it could have also been harvested a little too early. Cannabis gains a lot of its taste, smell and potency during the downturn of the plants life cycle....if you pulled a little early and/or it dried too quickly, this could explain the lack of smell and potency.

3. Thanks for the reply. It is the first time I grew out a sativa. I chopped it after about 15 weeks of flowering and dried it in my garage. The weather was cold and there wasnt much humidity. I noticed it dried within 3 days.

4. 15 weeks in flowering alone or all together growth?
    What is the recommended flowering time with the dream?

5. What were the trichomes looking like at harvest? A short high could indicate the possibility of mostly clear trichomes and the plant being harvested too early, although 15 weeks flower is a long time even for a sativa.....did you count flower time from 12/12 or from showing sex?

6. Every time no smell has happened in my experience it was always because of drying to fast. 3 days does seem way to short - if it's drying out that quick maybe try to slow down the process by just hanging the whole tree - the less cuts you make the slower the moisture leaves the plant.

7. Barney Farms claims Tangerine Dream has a short flowering time of about 70 days. I expected to harvest in November of last year but it was in full flower then and didnt seem ready until the end of Feb. The whole grow took about 10 months. Trichomes were approx 40% amber. I have grown indica dominant plants in the past with few problems. Guess I will stick to them.

8. 10 months you got acres or something?
    Hell in veggie I short for a 30 -60 day
    Flowering strain depending of course but most of what I short for is 60-65 days 10months damn!
    Can someone else chime in?!

9. could it have been reverting back into vegetation?
    i havent heard anyone going that far into the winter season.
    im no pro but this doesnt sound right.. you mucked something up!

10. My indoor grow of TD is approaching 70 days and is starting to muture but is nowhere close to being ready yet. I believe it will be a good havest in 3 wks or so. I read somewhere that Sativas can take much longer outdoors because they don't get that light switch to 12/12 so even 15 weeks flowering may not have been enough. I would guess you harvested too early which affected the strengh and they were light and airy which caused them to dry to quickly affecting the smell. Did you check the Trichs?

This is a picture of a smaller TD bud taken a few days ago. Notice how small the trichs still are ...all clear ...no amber?

Trichs-20120526_5.JPG