Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Over thinking when high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mind-of-a-stoner, Mar 25, 2015.

1. I've been smoking weed for a long while now (a few years). But lately whenever I smoke by myself I can't help but think about things, and it's not that I sit there and try to think about shit, it's just everything I do gives me a bad thought in some kind of way and I find myself lost in some intense thinking, and it completely ruins my high and then I just start to feel like shit, last time it was that intense that I actually cried haha, I don't know if anyone else has cried while being stoned but it feels fucking weird.

I love smoking weed, I love the feeling of being high. So I just don't know what to do. Could it have something to do with that in my past I used to have really bad depression?
    Is it time to put my smoking days to an end? What do you guys think? What could I do to take my mind of shit?

And plus taking a break hasn't worked for me.

All help will be appreciated

Cheers!!

2. It sounds like you have a lot of issues that you need to work through and Mr. Weed has decided that the time to do that is now. If you can imagine it, a lot of people use weed for the very things you're complaining about. A brain on marijuana seems to want to get rid of emotional baggage and work things out that have been stuffed deep down. That sounds like what's happening with you. I'd start exploring it and let it happen. The only way to get past something is to go straight through it sometimes.

3. Dude embrace that. Go deeper and learn about yourself. Then make yourself who you want to be.
    Try a light meditation to help focus those thoughts into positive thoughts maybe.

4. i overthink
    then don't think
    then I go smoke another bowl
    haha, anyway don't trip. it's normal and ok.

5. it's two things:

I believe weed can be helping you because you realize all this fucked up shit about your life and your past and when you're high, you are much more positive and spiritual and think "why did I take (whatever life event) so seriously; why is my family so dysfunctional like a TV show why are my parents like this" and you can step back and look at things and approach life with a positive perspective.

But on the NEGATIVE, it's not always good because weed can cause you to second guess yourself and get way more self conscious.  I'm a musician and I remember often thinking "this song is so gay that im making... why am I doing this?  Im going on stage in two days to perform this, this is so embarrassing and immature, im playing MUSIC wtf this is like a stupid hobby of a teenager and Im taking it all seriously".

Then the high wears off and I'm super pumped about making music.

6. take a T break.

reset.