Over Or Underwatering??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Gringos, Aug 22, 2017.

1. First things first the information:
    -This is my 4th week of flowering.
    -Using Emerald Harvest Nutrients (3part)
    -Transplanted into 6" x 6" grodan Hugo's rockwools that are on top of cocomats. (Roots were lazy because I overwatered in the beginning so they have yet to get fully rooted in cocomat)
    -Regular temps reached daily: Lowest 75F Highest 85.
    -Regular humidity reached daily: Lowest 30% Highest 55%
    -6 hurricane 12" oscillating fans.
    -4 HPS lights set at 750 Watts.
    -2 1700 CMF inlines. One moving air and one connected to a 6 foot 12" carbon filter.

Feeewww, with all that out of the way here's my situation. In 3rd week of flowering I was doing water cycles once every 3 days for 2 min since rockwools have such a high absorbtion rate. Man could I have not been anymore foolish. I now know trace elements stayed inside my rockwools because when I checked the runoff turns out I was at 4,600 PPM... NO, you did not just misread! with a PH of 5.2... The first thing that raced through my mind is lockout. So I flushed with a VERY mild solution of 40 gallons of R/O water with a PPM of 200. I only used based fertilizers (Grow,Micro,Bloom). After some research I'm going balls to the wall in the belief that rockwools hold that beautiful 15% oxygen EVEN when fully saturated. So I now water once a day by hand. I'd say about 1 to 2 liters worth of solution that's around 820 PPM (That's with supplements) and a P.H of 6.2. As a beginner I now sit hear wondering if my plants are telling me... Give me oxygen! Or Give me water! Here's some pics of them any help or advice would be appreciated. Happy growing! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. And I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you got a good amount of nutrient burn or nutrient deficiency going on

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If I had to guess based on what I'm seeing for your log book for your solution that it's probably nutrient burn. But an 83.9 seems really high for me for a temperature especially during a budding stage your relative humidity looked good in the 40s so if I had to guess I would say it's a nutrient lock up

Sent from my N9515 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I think you ph is off. 5.8 works best for me when using EH.
    I'm using EH in coco and loving it.
    How often are you irrigating?

R-4808N