Over or underwatering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ShrubsNdubs420, Dec 7, 2015.

1. #1 ShrubsNdubs420, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    This is my first grow so im need some newbie advice. I watered them 5 days ago.

Attached Files:

2. If it's been 5 days with them that size, I would HOPE they need another drink by now. Very simple...lift the cup. If the cup feels very light like it did when you put dry soil in to put the seedling into, then it needs water. It's very important that you measure and adjust the pH of any liquids going into you plants to a pH range of 6.3 to 6.7. Not doing this will lock up the roots of your plants and they can't take in nutrition IF your water is out of range when given. A reliable pH tester is always a must if you're doing an indoor grow and not using an organic mix that will regulate the pH within the soil. But I think you need to give them a drink if it's been 5 days since they had one. The bigger the plant, the quicker it uses up the moisture in the container. Good luck!

3. i put my finger down to my first knuckle in the soil (happy frog) and it still feels slightly damp even after 5 days. People are all like " waiting 5 days is too long but dont water if its damp" and i dont know what to do. And yes i have drainage holes.

4. What is your RH? If its low the leaves will shrivel up. best RH levels are between 50-70% but that should have nothing to do with growth. If you are using cfls you can water them less then if your using hps/hid lights because of the amount of heat that it emits. I agree with the widow white. I'd water them every other day and see how she reacts, expirament a little. Goodluck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Gotta agree with the first post - lift it. If it feels like dirt, water it. If it's heavy like cement, don't. 5 days seems kinda long and your plants look thirsty to me though.

6. #6 NaturalMistik, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    Edit: saw you answered my question I was asking.

7. i watered them and they did feel significantly heavier so i think it was just my noobish misjudgment. Used grow big for the first time too. My RH is probably way low so ill need to figure that out. Im using a 300w galaxyhydro led for your info. Thanks for the help blades im sure they will bounce back.