Over or under-watered?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by C0lt7, Oct 6, 2016.

1. I've looked for a while about good distinctions between the two, but decided it's best to just snap a picture and get some experienced feedback. My first grow, btw.

PH is monitored. Using FFOF soil(40/60 perlite)
    No nutes added so far. In grow tent(ventilation good)

[​IMG]

Chlorosis is occurring on the bottom leaves, so I'm thinking it is a nitrogen deficiency. The leaves AS WELL AS the stems of those leaves are dropping as well.

In a 6.5" pot, and I do water until I get a runoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The title is under water or over watered .... and you don't tell us your watering schedule

3. I water every 4 days

4. Looks to be over watered but that depends.. Have you not watered it to see if it gets better as the dirt dries out? If it get better after drying out you know you should water less, if it continues to worsen as the dirt dries out you should water more often.. Also try variations with amounts of water and timing of waterings

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Man your plant looks really sad. How close to the lights is it what kind of lights? Plant looks pretty young they don't need nutes when they are that young. You shouldn't have a set watering schedule you need to see how dry the soil is before watering. The plant also could be root bound. How big is your grow area is there enough Airflow? Stressed plants are more likely to turn male or hermie when u make the switch to 12/12

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's under watered and beginning to be root bound. Transplanting it to a bigger pot will give it a noticeable boost

• Like Like x 3
  7. I have 10 plants vegging under a solar storm 440 36" from canopy in a 4x4 tent. This plant and one other are the only ones doing this. I agree on the schedule, but it's not like I'm like "day 4, time to water even though the soil is moist!"

8. Under watered. Just lift the pot if it feels heavy wait a couple days if really light water till you see run off.
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Over watered.. You can see the wrinkles in the leaves

10. Ended up being under watered. thanks for your input, guys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You're still over watering just so you know.. Now you know how long it takes for the soil to dry out

12. #13 C0lt7, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Well it seemed that way since it perked up, but now I'm seeing eagle claw on the tips of the leaves. Genetics maybe? Was bagseed.. Doing another test with one plant that has this by starting the nutrients.

Idk if you need anymore info so.. Maybe by looks?

[​IMG]

13. Seems like it's still a reaction to the overwatering ...but if you think it's Nitrogen just skip a feeding?

New and open to any suggestions from the masters.

14. Does it matter that I have 307 ppm from my tap water? Or 0.6 EC I suppose.. I'm thinking I should switch to Reverse Osmosis and just supplement CalMag