over nuted.....very green :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gb420guy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. just as an experiment.......i took one of my girls and marked the (all soil) bucket "test"...........i am purposly been trying to over fert as much as i can with out killing the plant to see the effects.............

im using power flower from botanicare........sweet from botanicare..........and schultz all purpose w/ micro nutes............

on the first two i am up to 2x the reccommended dosaage.....but still at recommended amount for the schultz.............

im not having any leaf color issues or health problems visually..............and they look very healthy.

any one else put more nutes than it says to........

2. Hey, id be interested to see what happens. How long have you done this?

3. its been about 3 weeks with the over-nuted water..........things seem to be ok........

the plant is healthy looking and not showing any major stress signs

i do not have the ideal set up though.........i use lots of cfl's w/ a 150 hps......

i am sure that someone with a better light/enviornment setup ....aka....the pros here.......could better experiment with this....

i am also misting the plant with a weak mix of flower fert (recommended on bottle) at a lil more than usual. for about 1 week now.

my theory behind all this is anything the plant will use all it can.......then any leftover fert will be flushed out

weeds can tolerate a lot of conditions.........

4. if you could make this into a proper write-up about what you have done so far and follow it up with inputs every few days I'd be subscribing to this thread!
    Good on ya for trying something out, I'm doing a test at the mo on 24/0 vs 18/6 lighting, check my sig
    + rep from me dewd.

P.S got any pics of them? or can you describe how green they are? 1 of mine went to a REALLY lime green, I put a C02 generator in and it has reverted back to a helthy green like the rest of the plants.
    Thats my next experiment on my next grow, @im going to feed 1 a constant supply of C02 and the other I will try and starve of C02. I love experiments me lol

5. Power flower is weak, website posts ..NPK....2.2.5

Ferts high in nitrogen will show signs of problems first.....leaf burn
    step up on the shultz all purpose I think they are pretty high values
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food NPK 24. 8. 16.
    this will do the trick FAST

6. i thought the power flower was weak............thats why i tried this out..............

the local grow shop reccommeded it ot me as being very good.....and forgiving for newer growers that havent perfected their craft yet...........

im sorry,,,i know we all love pics but i just dont have a digital camera..........but maybe ill buy one when the rest of the girls are done......about 2 weeks:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

ive learned more here at GC. than anywhere else

thanks to all and mad respect

p.s. i love tric loaded buds!!!

7. i am a a team member of Growers against Mircle Grow.........lol.............ive just heard so many bad things...........and only a couple good ones

stepping up schultz...........

also next time ....screw the grow shop.........im going fox farm.