Over nuted/flushing question

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by newbefactor, Jan 13, 2011.

1. right guys i think i have really badly over nuted my plant and it's
    REALLY suffering - it's an auto blueberry, been growing over 2 months and not even close to budding yet - bearing in mind auto blueberry meant to take 10 weeks from seed to harvest. I've read about flushing etc and have seen about a product called clearex, but as i live in the UK i don't think there are any shops that stock it over here. And i don't live near any hydroponics shops. Does anyone know if there's another similar product out there that i can from homebase or B&Q or something?

P.s for the last 1.5 weeks have just been giving it plain tap water that has been left to stand for 24 hours.

Any help i'd be so grateful for thanks

2. hey dude you wont really find shit like that in uk, or well maybe online, checked out ebay?

anyway you dont need it -simple, you can flush your plant just fine with plain PH balenced water, thats been left out uncovered overnight, all you need to do is 'flush' through 3 times the amount your pots can hold in soil(that didnt come out right lol) so for example if you have a 1 gallon pot, you would flush it through with 3 gallons of water, all in 1 'sitting', not flooding it but pouring it in letting it soak through then keep going, letting it soak & go again etc,

one thing to bear in mind your plant will show signs of overwatering but thats fine, you just wont be watering again untill the soil has dryed out a good amount

hope that helps mate & if you can post a pic, & give few more deatails on the grow lights/nutes etc??

3. Ah okay i'm following ya. I've just been giving it normal water like a normal watering tho last night i got some canna flush off e-bay - Only clearing solution stuff i could find I'm hoping that might speed up the recovery a bit. I'll try and get some photos later, I think i've been over nuting it for like a month before i really clocked - Still in that learning phase of growing.

4. These are some pictures of plant, apart from the tips curling and few leafs feeling waxy she's pretty healthy. one of the picture is where the bud sites should of developed by now, but i'm thinking if i over nuted it, it's stunt the growth, so hopefully if she gets over this she might start to develop some bud (hopefully) cos for an automatic she is really behind on development.

Attached Files:

5. looks quite mad in the first pic lol, anyway from what you been say i think it is showing signs of being over nuted/has build up of salts i think thats showing by the way the leaves are, but ive seen worse, much worse

that flush stuff you got cant hurt so just use it as it says, but if you gotta waint for it to turn up, you may not want to, either way do the flush how you choose & can go from there

on another note being an auto it should have started flowering by now, that you know,
    how old is the plant from seed? you may have what i call a dodgy 1, seen it many times on here, an autoflowering plant that doesnt autoflower! in this case the plant needs to be flowered like normal (12/12 light cycle) & this usually works, 1 last thing is it showing sex atall??

6. It was planted last week of October last year, i know it's a bit messed up as it hasn't started to flower yet, and yes it showed signs of sex within the first 3 weeks or so, and it has pre-flowers - dunno if that makes any difference. But i think i've been over doing it on the nutes for a while now - would that stunt the growth ? could be the reason why it hasn't show signs of any bud, i dunno. At the moment it's under 18/6 (CFLS) I know what you mean by switching it to 12/12 to flower, but i haven't really got the materials or money to light proof the space at the moment.
    I've read that red stems can be a sign of over nutes as well - the stems were pretty red last week, but since i've been giving it plain water the stems have got a bit more green to them.

I just don't know weather i should stick at it and hope it'll recover or just cut my loses, cut it down and save the money on electric. I know if it does recover the yield will be massively reduced but it'd just be nice to have something to show for my efforts

7. hmmm i i know what u mean, as its CFL's & if you can id say dont give up yet, it is poss issues with nutes could stunt it, but if you been using plain water for while now im not so sure, for now id flush it & then not water for good few days, make sure you use PH adjusted water, saying that whats the soil PH level?

8. I've just give it about two litre's of water (before i was just watering as normal just using plain water) but i've noticed some of the leafs started uncurling and before the leafs felt waxy and their started to feel smooth again now, so i do believe it's making some sort of recovery. But because i've seen other grow journals on here of an auto blueberry I'm kinda comparing it to that and their's started showing signs of budding within 40/50 days.

But i've just been watering with tap water that has been left to stand for 24 hours, the ph of the water is 7 and the soil is just a tad over 7 (i've got PH down, but last time i used that i got the water down to 6.5 but it make the soil drop to 5.5) so now i just leave it as it is.

I had this same problem with my last two plants, but i made the mistake of giving nutes every watering. But funny thing is they had like bud sites and everything, but no bud really grew on it, but it kept growing up wards of stuff :s

9. You should try to keep your soil ph down, 7.0 is slightly high and nutes won't be fully available. Cannabis grows best at 6.0-6.5, the farther outside this range, the lower the availability on different nutes. It is completely normal for watering and feeding to temporarily change the ph of the soil, but it should go back, unless you're making an effort to change it. If you are trying to lower it, lower the ph of your feed/water a bit to adjust it down slowly over time. Making too big a change is not healthy for your plants.

The flushing agents (that I know of) work on the salt bond of the nutes. Most chemical nutrients come from salts, and they can build up to unhealthy levels. They aren't necessary, but I use one because it's cheap when you consider how long it can last, and it's just insurance that I get an effective flush.

10. this - great advice:smoke:
    +rep

11. yeah that is great advice according to the flush (it arrived this morning) the water needs to be adjusted down to 6.0 - 6.5 for it to be effective. So next water i will be adjusting it down.
    Thanks

12. cool, good luck dude lol

13. if the soil ph is to low what i do is flush with water that has a high ph
    this if done right will bring up the ph of the soil no higher then 7.0

14. well the ph of the water and soil is about 7. But i just need to lower it a bit when i use this flush stuff i've got, but i've got the PH down to do it next time i water her. But the main problem was the over nutes - but i think she's getting better now. Came home today and she didn't have stink - which is a good sign, i think :D