Over dry buds

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by londonmark, Jan 12, 2018.

1. I think our first grow could be over dried

Is there a solution to rehydrating

Some one said in fridge and then store them in fridge in the glass jars

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Not sure its safe or possible.

3. now there is jarring them up but no fridge yet.

4. Take them to jars with hygrometers looking for 65 at least then burp them once every few days.

5. @londonmark
    In a word
    NO.
    If it's dried to deep it's just done. Finished. Completed. No cure possible even if you rehydrate it.
    Like cooking a good steak it's a one time deal and well done is just that and no amount of wishing is gonna make it Rare again.
    Southern California here and I fucked up pounds of weed over drying it before I got a handle on just WTH was going on.
    Slow controlled drying is key to a great finished product.
    ===================================
    Pasted from elsewhere
    ======================================

< /blockquote> Your up against the same wall I was here in Southern California.. We get a local wind condition called a Santa Ana that blasts super dry desert air over the basin and out to sea.. The humidity drops into the single numbers and it was turning all my great smelling harvests to grassy smelling shit for the most part.. Even extended time in jars wasn't helping.. It took me a while but I did figure it out and your on the right track.. Slow dry was the key I needed..
    I wet trim as it's the best way to get all the crap off with every leaf standing tall.. Even a few minutes wait and they wilt more then I like.. So keep on trimming just seconds off the living plant.. It's the hang you have to shorten to just a day or 2.. I hang till the pop corn stiffens up.. Not the stem the Buds.. Play squeeze the Charmin with it and do NOT let it get to dry..
    Think of it like cooking meat.. To done is just that and you can't un-cook that lovely steak.. Can't un-dry that cannabis either.. Below 55 % humidity all curing process stop and won't restart.. It's a one time deal with no do-overs..
    [​IMG]
    My dirty hippy trim as my friend TTS calls it.. I'm old and don't have the hand for endless trimming and I'll hash 90% of it anyhow..
    [​IMG]
    hot dry garage hang only until the small stuff stiffens up.. 1 or 2 days most of the time but it can go longer if the humidity is high..
    [​IMG]
    While it's still on the very wet side I'll either glove and yank strip or snip off all the buds with grape scissors..
    It all gets placed in cut down paper shopping bags.. This lets me move it rapidly back and forth between the cans I use to slow the dry and the top of the washer and dryer I use during the day..
    The humidity jumped back up and this group spent about a day on the screen to firm up..
    [​IMG]
    After just about 6 hours it went back in the bags and in the can for the night.. I bought a couple of new trash cans for this and I try and size the can to the load.. I have an Ice Chest I use for smaller runs..

[​IMG]
    I use several humidity gauges as they tend to be wildly off .. 2 or 3 of them and average the read..
    I'll either dig in and fluff the buds up by hand or dump them into another bag to keep things stirred up and drying evenly
    [​IMG]
    Your target is 65% after about 7 days.. Then I pack in 1/2 gallon mason jars with a 60 gram size.. 62 % humidity.. Boveda pack..
    And your done.. It's perfectly dried to the exactly cure range and the Boveda packs insure it stays on the mark.. No need to play the open and burp game with the jars..
    [​IMG]
    Just what I've worked out here on the Brass Pharm.. Your local conditions may need to tweak this as no two zones dry alike.. Shopping bags and Trash cans FTMFW.. Sorry but it did take a while and I plain ruined a ton of smoke figuring it out..

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1