over dried--still salvageable?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by buddly, Oct 16, 2010.

1. shoot, it was so hot this week that my plants dried out way fast and too much; they were hanging outside. Question is, is this stuff still any good? the buds weigh next to nothing...is there anything to gain still by curing?

2. #2 frank drebin, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    Have a pic or 2 mate ? That may help judge how bad it is.

When you say your plants, do you mean the whole plant hanging? Or just the lengths of stem etc you have cut off ?

If you rub a bit of the bud between your fingers, does it crumble away like ash ? Like it would turn out through a grinder, or finer? If so, that does sound pretty bad.

Only thing id suggest is get it into an airtight jar as soon as.
    Get a piece of cotton wool and flatten it to the size of a disc {but small enough to fit in your jar}, soak it.
    Get some aluminum foil and and cover the wool, both sides {still maintainging the disc shape ofc}... now get a pin and pierce holes around it, pop it in your jar, close, keep an eye on it and hope for the best.

There are other tricks to re-introducing moisture but i think thats one of the most effecive.

Well its that or bin it.... i know what id be doing, and it wouldnt involve a bin.

Gd luck.

3. #3 buddly, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    well, I wouldn't say that it crumbles like ash, but close. I hung the whole plants for drying outdoors. I did put it all in jars, so I'll try the hydration method, as well. Here's a before & after pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. it is still smokeable but if it dried to fast and to much then it will b a harsher smoke. my friend just let a small plant of hers over dry and i could not stop coughing while smoking it threw a bong. gets you high tho:smoke:

5. it does still "work" :D

6. I grow more then I can trim at a time eo some always gets a lil' dry. Trim it up, jar it with a lil' piece of flour tortilla.It will rehydrate nicely.:)

7. I have smoked bud that was over dryed and like people in this thread said, its just harsher, but it still fucks you up. for the thc to properly degrade you would need to wait longer than a week. Also i know you are trying to re-hydrate, but if there is no luck there, just cure it for longer. give the very small amount of water/oils already in there, a good amount of time to ferment.

8. wow, looks like you didn't even trim before drying :O

Doubt you overdired honestly, stick em in jars and do what I do, tie up a cottonball in twine or string and then wet the cottonball and leave him hanging inside the jar over your buds (helds in place by string and lid). Those buds look like beauties tho D:

9. a few of my buds got a little too dry and crispy, just threw them in a glass jar for about a week opening it once or twice a day and now their not crispy anymore, bout another week and they'll be ready.

10. trim all the leaves off the bud :p
    you'll be fine cuhzzzzz.