Oven Baked or Deep Fried Turkey?

Discussion in 'General' started by epiic, Nov 24, 2011.

1. I just did...You asked for temps...I posted my temps that I smoke all my meats at...:wave:

1/4 pig for only 8 hours? How many pounds? Smoking time seems a bit short
    for tenderness.

2. i cook slowly..... but i smoke it for all them hours,,,

i let my temps go as high as 400 degrees,,,,and lower to 125 degree's......but the whole time the thing is smokin it's ass off,,,

mostly the temp averages around 200-275,,,,:cool:

3. [quote name='"Stumbleweed"']

I just did...You asked for temps...I posted my temps that I smoke all my meats at...:wave:

1/4 pig for only 8 hours? How many pounds? Smoking time seems a bit short
    for tenderness.[/quote]

4-6 pounds. Im REAL picky when it comes to my pork. I raise and butcher my own pork. Always young, I can't stand grease!!!

Once I get on my laptop I'll post a few pics of my smoker in action.

4. Thats awesome bud...I always go to a local hog farmer for my pig.

Im all about supporting local farmers...:hello:

5. #45 epiic, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
    [quote name='"Stumbleweed"']

Thats awesome bud...I always go to a local hog farmer for my pig.

Im all about supporting local farmers...:hello:[/quote]

Good shit bro! It's quite funny actually...8 months ago I worked in an office building. Never thought I would live/own/work on a farm.

Completely changed my views on farming and life for that matter! Live stock is completely breathe taking!!!!

Edit: I'm glad you go to a local pig farmer. I loved red meat until I got into knowing and raising pigs. I'll take smoked ribs from a pig of my choice over ANY filet mignon or prime rib. GOOD young pork out weighs red meat in many ways in my book.

6. I had kiln baked turkey today. Those things are just super ovens anyways.

didnt even taste like pottery either.

7. Deep fried turkey is better tasting, however you can't stuff a deep fried turkey and the stuffing makes the meal IMO, so I vote oven baking!! :D

8. [quote name='"engneer"']Deep fried turkey is better tasting, however you can't stuff a deep fried turkey and the stuffing makes the meal IMO, so I vote oven baking!! :D[/quote]

This is very true!!!

9. [​IMG]

Home made simple stuffing is the best :yummy::yummy::bongin::bongin:

10. Nothing beats propane.

Taste the meat, not the heat.

:laughing:

11. [quote name='"SirenWasHere"']Nothing beats propane.

Taste the meat, not the heat.

:laughing:[/quote]

[​IMG]

12. Instant rep points for Canadian Whiskey

13. fried sounds nice. but i think its better and healier baked

14. I totally agree :yummy:

15. Last year my cuz made a deep fried turkey best turkey I've ever had in my life...sadly we did not do fried turkey this year cuz my cuz didnt come down and every one here is scared they would burn my house down :laughing:

16. [quote name='"6fingers"']fried sounds nice. but i think its better and healier baked[/quote]

That's why you make it on thanksgiving. The only day where you can completely stuff your face with everything and you don't give a shit! Screw my health, one day a year I'm going all out!!! :)