Outside 2018...Start to finish

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by wwout, May 24, 2018.

1. One of the best and worst things you can experience. Getting home from work and noticing the smell of your newly harvested plant once you open the truck door. Great smell, but then you realize people walking by, and neighbors probably can smell it too. After 5 hours of cutting Crimea Blue is now hanging to dry. Humidity is hanging around 50%, I have a gentle fan circulating air, and its dark. I look forward to, but also dread the trimming and manicure day coming in a week or so.
    Then I get to repeat the process with Berry Bomb. I will post a picture of Crimea hanging tomorrow when its light. Also the nice week of weather is allowing me to push Berry Bomb. The cold nights (mid to upper 30's) is allowing the bomb to show purple in the flowers. Will post a picture of Bomb tomorrow too.
    Thank for following.

2. I use the pistils as a general guideline. I prefer to look at the tric's and on the bomb they are about 80% cloudy and 20% amber. So she is pretty much there. Likely coming down Sunday.
    Thanks for stopping by!

3. Short and sweet today. Crimea hanging. Crimea1017.jpg
    Hard to get a good look and perspective in my dry area. So next update on her will be trimming and weighing day when the bud goes into mason jars for curing.
    Berry Bomb is still looking good. She will make it to Sunday and cut down no problem. Bomb1017.jpg
    Bombtop1017.jpg
    Thanks again for following. As always comments and thoughts encouraged.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Berry Bomb came down today. It was six months ago to the day that she popped through the soil and started her life. Happy to say both girls made it to chop down with out any insect, mildew, or rot. Now the patience of letting both dry properly and go into curing jars.
    Crimea Blue has been drying for a week and probably has another week before trimming and cure. I figure Berry Bomb will be on the same time line.
    My next update will be on Crimea trimming day when I weigh and place in Mason jars for curing. The stress is done. Now I just have to wait for my medicine to cure.
    Thanks again for watching.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What a pain. Its the worst part of the whole growing process especially if you dont have assistants.
    I finally have Crimea Blue all trimmed and into Mason jars for curing. I ended up with 299 grams or 10 2/3 oz. Plus a huge bowl of quality trim for butter or hash. I have to say it is incredibly sticky. Has a pleasant sweet smell to it. The smoke is pretty mild. I am looking forward to a couple weeks once it has had a chance to cure. The feeling it imparts starts with a happy, "hey this is fun herb". But then it slaps you with "hey sit down you're stoned. Seems this will be a good evening medication.
    Attached is the jarred product, and the scissor hash collected during clean up. IMG_20181102_174330.jpg
    Lighting makes bottom jars look brown. They are all a pleasant green hue.
    IMG_20181102_174753.jpg
    See you again in a week with the Berry Bomb weigh in.

• Like Like x 2
  6. How did the berry bomb end up?