Outside 2018...Start to finish

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by wwout, May 24, 2018.

1. Excellent i look forward to the smoke report

2. Good afternoon. I believe this will be the last day I feed the girls. Moving forward I will likely start the flushing process...But before I get there, the girls each took a couple gallons nutrient rich water. The buds are really starting to swell, and the pistils are changing color. Trichomes are clouding. Everything you want to see happening at this time of year.
    Berry Bomb Bomb927.jpg
    Bombcola927.jpg
    Crimea Blue
    Crimea927.jpg Crimeacola927.jpg
    The Bomb has a rather spicy scent to it while Crimea has a very sweet fruity odor. The early fall weather has been super this week. Few more days until rain returns briefly. If the extended forecast holds I should only see showers 3 or 4 days over the next 2 weeks. That should get me real close to harvest. I have my 60X microscope to check out the trich's ripening. I dont have the tech to show them, so you will have to take my word on their progress.
    Have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I believe I'm a week behind you in flower roughly neighbor.

4. Awesome very nice shots you got this one in the bag6

5. I am at a cross roads. Part of me says I should stop feeding and start flushing. But also hedging on one more feeding. Any thoughts.....
    Crimea.
    Crimea930.jpg Crimeaflower930.jpg
    Bomb
    Bomb930.jpg Bombflower930.jpg If you have been following you probably notice both girls got a pretty significant leaf trimming. I decided since I am in the final weeks to get rid of a bunch of leaves to assure better air flow through out the plants.
    So if these were your girls would you start flushing, or feed one more week?

6. Thats a tough one but i think you jus may have enough stored nutes to coast on thru the finish

7. Happy soggy Saturday. A very rainy friday night. 3/4" of rain. Thank goodness for cover and fans. Just trying to see how much longer I can go before chop down. At least until next weekend, maybe longer.
    Here are the girls... Crimea Blue
    Crimea106.jpg
    Crimeacola106.jpg
    Berry Bomb
    Bomb106.jpg
    Bombcola106.jpg
    I will be working on creating my drying/curing area this weekend.
    As always I welcome all comments.

• Like Like x 1
  8. looking super good. Threw up a roof over my 2 ladies that aren't under the greenhouse cover. I was hoping for a sunny Saturday but sadly as I'm sure you already know we got rain through the weekend☹ I am probably going to end up cutting about the same time as you neighbor as your berry bomb looks to be at the same phase as my dream lotus. If only this season can just hold out a tiny bit longer. Added another fan to the greenhouse today which takes the total up to 5 now. This is a lower fan blowing right through the lower part of the canopies of both girls. With our nights inching closer to the 30s the end has no choice but to be insight

9. Since there are so many bad things that can happen in the final days before harvest I have created my drying area. Never know when the girls might have to come down. So I have hanged plastic over the window and created a wall in one of my rooms to make an area I can better control conditions. Cord is stretched wall to wall twice for two levels of hanging. I will put the branches on clothes hangers. I have a dehumidifier, and when the girls come down, the fans that are blowing on them will move inside for circulation.
    Here is my simple set up.
    IMG_20181007_130308.jpg
    IMG_20181007_130435.jpg IMG_20181007_130332.jpg
    All ready for when I want to, or have to harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Super jealous my friend! I remember when our plants were the same size and now mine are dead and yours are beautiful. The grow is only half the battle lol you still have the dry and cure. Are you going to bud wash?

Canada Guy's Indoor Garden 2018

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Not planning on a bud wash at this point unless something changes. I did a couple years ago when I had a PM issue. I dont think I need to go through that process this season.
    Thanks for following!

12. Flush, flush, flush. The end is near. I think the girls are coming down Sunday and Monday. The Trichs are mostly cloudy with some amber showing. The flowers are getting nice and dense, frosty and heavy. Im not sure if you can tell by the pictures how the branches are bending over due to the weight. I haven't decided if I am going to partially harvest and let some of the lower branches run a bit longer or just be done and move onto the drying curing stage.
    Berry Bomb
    Bomb1011.jpg
    Bombtop1011.jpg
    Crimea Blue Crimea1011.jpg
    Crimeatop1011.jpg
    So far no PM, Bud Rot, Mold, or bug infestation this grow. Fingers crossed nothing bad the last few days.
    Thoughts and comments welcomed!

13. Yeah you sir are in for a sweet harvest those are some of the healthiest autos ive seen and those buds could compete with any photo strain

14. sweet looking crop. I just looked at my trics and I'm seeing no amber, mostly cloudy, and some clear still. I'm thinking at least 2 weeks out.

15. Thanks...But they are not auto's. Feminized seeds started 9 days short of 6 months ago. Im going to keep this journal running all the way to weighing the dried flowers prior to mason jars for curing,stay tuned.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Good thing we are in for what looks like nice weather into next week. That is why i am thinking of partial harvest and letting the lower portion of my girls ride a bit longer.

17. Thats exactly what I did to my shiskaberry I decided to cut last night.

18. Sorry man that was a stoned moment did i mention those ladies are stacked up

19. Originally I was going to chop both girls this weekend, then I pondered a partial harvest of both girls. Finally I have decided to chop Crimea Blue tomorrow. I am going to let Berry Bomb carry on, as she started showing some purple in her buds and the weather is suppose to be nice this coming week. So rolling the dice with her and hoping to let her go one more week without the scourge of the PNW setting in. This will be the last picture of Crimea before cut... Crimea1014.jpg
    Her Cola Crimeacola1014.jpg
    Berry Bomb Bomb1014.jpg
    A bit hard to see the purple but all the flowers are showing.
    Bombbud1014.jpg
    Busy day tomorrow. I know there are differing opinions on time of day to cut down. Does it really matter? Has anyone have empirical data to support time to cut?
    Thanks for following.

20. Personally I'd be leaving that plant another week, looking at the top cola she's still covered in white pistils, remember they mature from the top down so if the top isn't fully matured, the lower nugs have a lot further to go

If you're not desperate, try and leave it another week

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app