Outside 2018...Start to finish

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by wwout, May 24, 2018.

1. I hope he sticks around for awhile. IMG_20180814_173706.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I am trying to attract dragon flies, they take out flying insects like crazy. Already planning my layout for the future that will be semi permanent and will add a small pond for them to breed. They already come arround my garden and like to sit on top of the bamboo so do not think it will be to difficult to get them to move in.

3. Watering day. Each girl got 3 gallons of pH'd water. Both are continuing to pack on pistils all over the place. No actual flowers yet, but am sure getting close.
    Bomb Bomb 815.jpg
    Crimea
    Crimea 815.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feeding day. 3 gallons to each girl. Berry Bomb stands 66" tall and 46" wide. Packing on the flower sites, though it is hard to tell from this picture. Bomb819.jpg
    Crimea Blue is now 67" tall and 48" wide. She is a bit behind Bomb but is also showing tons of pre flower sites.
    Crimea819.jpg
    Thanks for following!

• Like Like x 2
  5. What a difference a day makes. I couldnt get a good picture showing Bombs flowering progression. But today, I could. Bombflower.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Watering day. 3 gallons each of pH'd water. Bomb is really starting to look like she is in full flower mode.
    Bomb822.jpg
    For fun here is a 4 month journey of Crimea from start to today
    421Crimea.jpg 4/21
    Crimea520.jpg 5/20
    Crimea620.jpg 6/20
    Crimea721.jpg 7/21
    8/22
    Crimea822.jpg
    I hope everyone else is seeing evidence of flowering.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you! So is your girl. Looking forward to comparing final results.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cool day with chance of rain so I pulled under cover. As you can see I really have a clearance issue. Something I will have to deal with as flowering continues.
    Together825.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Being an unseasonably cool weekend I figured it was perfect for smoking some salmon. Brine for 20 hours, air dry 14 hours, smoke 5 hours.
    IMG_20180826_153243.jpg
    Surprise co-workers tomorrow, priceless.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Maybe try to grow them out bushier next year with more main branches. From what I have seen you could easily grow some fat girls and still take advantage of your cover. Mine just have to take the rain and if it is really bad it means I must go out their and shake them off and I wish i worked where ever you do.

11. .

Perhaps. I usually just feed and let them grow without cropping or topping. Maybe next year I will train one.

12. Today is a feeding day. Each girl took 2 gallons of nutrients.
    Crimea Blue
    Crimea827.jpg
    She is almost 6' tall
    Crimea827height.jpg
    Bomb is a happy camper
    Bomb827.jpg Packing on the flowers
    Bomb827flower.jpg
    Fun times!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Watering day. Both took a couple of gallons before runoff. Berry Bomb is full of flowers. Stands 72" tall and 50" wide. Bomb830.jpg
    Bombflower830.jpg
    Crimea is 73" tall and 51" wide. She is about a week behind but seems to be catching up fast.
    Crimea830.jpg
    I hope everyone gets to have a long enjoyable holiday weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I agree..bushier is better,,;)
    8-30-18 1.JPG 8-22-18 2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Feeding day. Both girls took 2 gallons of nutrient water. There was minimal runoff, so I am thinking about giving each girl another gallon of ph'd water. This is week 4 of flowering for Berry bomb. Bomb902.jpg
    FlowerBomb902.jpg
    Crimea Blue is in week 3 of flowering
    Crimea902.jpg
    TopCrimea902.jpg
    According to the info on these strains im looking at 5-6 more weeks to the finish line.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I would just use that as a guide and let the plants tell you when;)

17. Yeah breeders numbers generally apply to indoor grows and for the most part accurate. Outside there is many other factors that contribute to flower such as temperature, light changes and ever decreasing day length. Often flower actually starts much earlier then growers realize but the changes are more minute as summer starts to end and less noticeable. I try to let my girls go until I am happy with the way they look and even then will wait a little bit longer unless there is some environmental factor dictating I have to chop now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mine a few days ago..4-6 weeks more I think.Although it looks like things are rapidly accelerating and our nights are getting longer very fast as the setting sun ducks behind the mountains
    8-30-18 1.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  19. The base of Berry Bomb Bomb Base904.jpg
    Its September. Happy flowering!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1