Outside 2018...Start to finish

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by wwout, May 24, 2018.

1. Applying your bloom nutes sometimes will accelerate pre-flower. When I used to mainly use bottles I would often hit them once with a strong bloom formula then back to veg for a couple weeks to help get them kick started. Even now I will top dress for flower about 3-4 weeks before flower sets outside because it seems to make a difference how soon they lock into flower. I am not a fan of spiders either and if you want to limit there presence having some spearmint repels them to a certain degree. For now the only spiders i have made peace with are the jumping spiders.

2. Doing some general housekeeping around my girls, and I thought it would be interesting to take a picture of all the containers I have used during this grow. Makes me look back at the journey to this point. Solo cup, #1 size, #2 size, 4.75 gallon pot, 15 gallon bucket. what fun hobby!
    Containers2018.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man. Bugs and mold are my big fears. I can deal with the cold, and I have a neighbor who is always around so I dont have to worry about thieves.
    I hope for the best, but expect some unforeseen hiccup to deal with. Have to figure another 9-10 weeks to the finish line.
    Appreciate your following.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mid week watering day. Each girl got 2 gallons of pH'd water.
    Crimea stands 55" tall today. Crimea801.jpg While Bomb stands 53" tall.
    Bomb801.jpg
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Like Like x 1
  5. It was hard to catch this busy guy grabbing what flew into his web. Picture isnt the best, but did catch him for a moment eating. Spider.jpg

6. Here is Berry Bomb showing her starting to flower. Flowerstartbomb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Its feeding day. I fed them 2 gallons each. Both girls got flowering nutrients today. First week of flower nutes for Crimea, and second for Bomb. Crimea stands 59" tall from soil to top leaf, and is 43" wide. She started showing pre-flower Thursday.
    Crimea....
    Crimea85.jpg
    Bomb is into her second week of early flowering. She is 57" tall and 41" wide. Allot of pistils on her.
    Bomb....
    Bomb85.jpg
    I have been rotating the pots 90 degrees daily. Why? Why not! Also it gives direct sunlight to a different quadrant of the plant daily as my home blocks western sun rays daily after 2-3PM.
    The really fun part of the grow season begins!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its Wednesday watering day. Each girl drank 4 gallons of water before runoff. 3rd straight day of 90 degree plus heat, and Sunday was 88. And with humidity in the mid 20's during the day they are in need of the water.
    Bomb
    Bomb88.jpg
    Crimea

Crimea88.jpg
    How is everyone else doing?

9. I move mine around too just not as often because a 100gallon is a bitch to move and old injuries are catching up with me. I usually will try and keep the pots all lined up but as flower sets they get moved based upon canopy. I also lose direct light in the afternoon on some of my girls and it shows in the difference of growth.

10. Crimea Blue showing preflower. IMG_20180810_161258.jpg

11. Due to a pretty significant rain today I brought the girls under the patio cover where they stay when the weather changes to keep protected from elements during the final weeks of flowering.
    As you can see a challenge is brewing. Im running out clearance. Going to make for an interesting final 9 weeks.

Attached Files:

12. Crimea is 63" from soil to top leaf. Bomb is 60"

• Like Like x 1
  13. It might be, but my TD 1 is much thinner than either of your girls. I am interested to see how we end up weighing in. The weather has been really really hot and it's stunting the growth of my plants.

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

14. The heat has had me watering every other day. We have a nice break this weekend from the heat. But back to 90ish coming up this week.

15. Feeding day. Berry Bomb stands 62" tall and is increasing pistils daily. Moving closer to full flower.
    Bomb812.jpg
    Crimea Blue is now 64" tall and is about a week behind bomb.
    Crimea812.jpg
    Crimea height812.jpg They are both about 43" wide. I am expecting another week of hot for the area weather. It has been a great season so far weather wise. Hoping for it to continue into September and beyond. Together812.jpg Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

• Like Like x 1