Outside 2018...Start to finish

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by wwout, May 24, 2018.

1. These two strains are suppose to be early finishers. So I hope to be harvesting end of September. It could be October though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feeding day. Each girl got a gallon of nutrient rich water today. The girls now stand 36" tall. Crimea continues to improve from her health issue. However I am still feeding Epsom salt and have added some Cal/Mag to prevent future possible issues.
    I am including the one top on Crimea showing the improvement. New growth last week was all yellow; it is greening, and the emerging growth looks better. Still not ready to say she is good to go into flower mode, but I feel she will be. If anyone thinks I am missing some micro nutes let me know.
    Bomb just keeps keeping on.
    Thanks for following!

Attached Files:

3. Happy Slurpee day. Its also watering day for my girls. I decided to give them base nutrients with their water. Things are looking pretty good. Looks like we are in for a stretch of mid to upper 80's for the next 10 days which is pretty hot for here. So I will likely be increasing their watering. Hoping for bit of a growth spurt in branches, as the vertical is doing fine. Crimea711.jpg Bomb711.jpg

4. 89 degrees here right now. The girls looked thirsty when i got home today. So each got about a gallon of water. I figured they were going to drink allot during this heat wave.

5. Feeding day. 1 Gallon each of A.N. 3 part system. 89 degrees out today. The girls are 42 inches tall and about 24 inches wide at the base. They grew 8 inches this week. When there isnt a breeze blowing I notice the sweet smell of these babies. Thinking next weekend will be final container moving day. Which also means then wont be moving around the yard to maximize catching rays. They will be sitting where the picture of the girls together are. The patio has a clear roof over it to protect flowers from the PNW September rains.

Attached Files:

6. Its hot for here! 95 degrees next to my girls. And they sure are thirsty. Each sucked down a gallon of pH adjusted water this afternoon. Well watered girls are happy girls.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Another watering day this week. Its a pleasant day here. But after three real hot days the girls were thirsty again. You may notice some stressed leaves. So added some nutes to the gallon each girl drank today. Saturday is going to be moving day to their final containers. Starting to notice some subtle change in my girls. They look like pre flower stage is about to begin. Fun times coming up.

Attached Files:

8. Looking great! Wonder how much they will stretch... what kind of a weight are you expecting for the harvest?

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

9. Thank you. Right now they are gaining almost an inch a day and probably will end up gaining another 18" or so in height and around 12" width before harvest. Much taller than that and they will be too tall for my patio.
    If all goes well over the next 10 plus weeks I expect 12-16 oz from each plant in flower, and several ounces of quality trimming for edibles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. you should repot before flower, your yield will go way up. I know they are rootbound in those seats

11. Yep....going into 15 gallon pots this weekend.

12. Moving day. The girls went into their final containers today. Crimea stands 47" tall and Bomb stands 45". Both have a nice root ball. Crimea
    crimea721roots.jpg Bomb
    O Bomb721roots.jpg Once they got into their containers they both got 1 1/2 gallons of nutrient rich water on the root balls. They also got a couple gallons of pH'd water around the perimeter of the containers new soil. They are starting to stretch. Flowering is just around the corner. Next week I will change the nutrient regiment to flowering. Bomb Bomb721.jpg Crimea Crimea721.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Looking great! I think I have the same size container as you. I thought it was a 30 gallon... I put that much soil into mine lol. My AG is about as tall as Bomb, but mine may be more bushy. Nice balls! The roots look healthy. How long have you been growing for? Do u always grow the same stuff?

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

14. Thanks. I was given the containers years ago and was told they are 15 gallon. I never questioned the size. When transplanting today each container took a 1.5 cu foot bag of soil plus the girl. I guess I could calculate, but not too concerned.
    I have been searching for a favorite that fully matures before the rains come here and I have to deal with rot and mold. I have gravitated the last couple seasons to strains with blueberry lineage. Hence this year Crimea Blue and Berry Bomb. Both are suppose to be rot and mold resistant and early finishers. One can hope! A couple years ago I grew Blue Cheese. I think that has been my favorite so far. This is my 5th season. 3rd growing from seed.
    Thanks for following.

• Like Like x 1
  15. PNW is great for growing minus the last month depending on what sort of fall we get. I am investing in a battery powered leaf blower this year to dry them off when the rain comes.

16. Good idea....
    I have a couple small fans I plan on aiming at the girls and running 24/7 once the weather starts to change. They are under cover and protected from the rain, humidity and bugs seem to be my biggest enemy.

17. Watering day. Each girl took 2 gallons today. Its been hot here recently. I also watered them on Monday. My thermometer at the plants says its 97 degrees and only 26% humidity. The heat wave runs through at least Monday so im sure I will be watering again tomorrow or Friday.
    This weekend I am switching over to flowering nutrients as the girls are showing me its time. There hasnt been allot of vertical growth the last few days. Just 1 " since Saturday. My thought is they are getting used to their new containers and growing underground.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I asked about yellowing of new growth not long ago and the reply I got made sense. It was do to the plant growing faster than it could produce chlorophyll. While I don't know that's the same thing you was experiencing it does look similar to what I had going on and it disappeared.

19. Not worried about a couple of the old leaves yellowing this time of year. I never remove leaves until they are ready to fall off. I say if they aren't diseased, they are still collecting solar rays and assisting the plant, not hindering it. After all you wouldn't cut off your finger if you smashed the nail.

20. Feeding day. I switched Berry bomb over to Flowering nutrients today. She is standing 50" tall, and 32" wide at the base. She is in pre flower mode big time so the timing is right.
    Bomb
    Bomb728.jpg
    My Crimea is not quite into pre-flower to switch her over just yet. So she got a dose of veg nutes, Im sure she is just a week behind. She is 52" tall from soil to top, and 30" wide at the base. Each took 2 gallons of water before run off started.
    Crimea Blue
    Crimea728.jpg
    A week after final transplanting and all looks good. A couple spiders have even set up webs around my girls. Enemies of my enemies are my friends.

• Like Like x 1