Outdoors: starting seeds in pots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JCS, Oct 27, 2010.

1. I will be growing outdoors next season. I plan to germinate the seeds at home and then plant the seeds (with just the root sprouted) out at my grow site. Rather than starting by placing the seeds directly in the ground, I am wondering if it would be beneficial to start the seeds in small pots out at the grow site? I figure I can cover the pots with an upturned ziplock bag to help trap humidity while the plant is still very young. After the plants get a decent size, they would eventually be planted straight into the ground. I am wondering if the idea of starting them in pots at first would help increase my chances of success as compared to just placing the sprouted seeds directly in the ground from the start? Thanks

2. nice man i am also a early planner myself just waiting for spring :D
    i think u should plant the seeds in little pots first and sorta keep them off the ground cuz like rats and rabbits or little critters will munch them up.or make a sorta fence with chicken wire and piss around the patch.

gonna be my first grow too.
    dude we should like keep in touch so when we start growing we can like compare and contrast our first grows :D

3. #3 ty14, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    I plan on growing outdoors this year too for my first time but i don't wanna use just any crap swag seeds i get around here. any bud i get is seedless so i have no chance to get any good seeds... I live in the us... Anybody have any ideas?

4. yea dude i dont think bagseeds r good cuz bad genetics n shit just buy cheap seeds or if u got more cash nice ones
    i got mines from attitude seeds website they r great try them

5. I would suggest starting them indoors over outdoors. Do you have a place that you can grow them inside for a few weeks prior to setting them outside?

If you can't grow them inside for a few weeks then I would sprout them inside then put them in small pots and keep them as close to your house as possible so you can take better care of them while young. The fewer trips you make to your grow site the better. Very young plants needs lots of TLC in the beginning, especially outside.

6. I live in town so there is no possible way for me to be able to grow them by my house and plus my town mayor lives right next door.. I have a place i can grow them indoors for a few weeks prolly...