Outdoors in the Texas summer?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by clinsanity, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Looking for any and all advice in growing in such a hot climate. It will be done on my private property so everything will be controlled and closely monitored. I'm mostly just worried if the 100+ degree heat will be a little too much to run some automatics this time of year? If so, will it be ok to start them in September, planning an early December harvest? It typically doesn't get very cold here until January and February, and even then its rarely consistently below 40.

2. Sure just keep em watered all of us Nor Cal peeps have been dealing with high temps all summer and our bushes are doing just fine. :)

3. It to late to start autos outside. I know wether is not an issue but the decreasing light will be a problem. Around harvest time u will be getting like 10 hrs of light or less and even though they are autos that won't really be enough light to produce quality bud. Indoor autos prefer 18/6 and they grow great outside early season if u start them
    In may and harvest in July when there is about 15 hrs of light. U should just save them till next year or run an indoor setup.

4. #4 clinsanity, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']It to late to start autos outside. I know wether is not an issue but the decreasing light will be a problem. Around harvest time u will be getting like 10 hrs of light or less and even though they are autos that won't really be enough light to produce quality bud. Indoor autos prefer 18/6 and they grow great outside early season if u start them
    In may and harvest in July when there is about 15 hrs of light. U should just save them till next year or run an indoor setup.[/quote]

Thanks Sarge, I'll just get my indoor on again and wait for another undersized pot baby. Might as well start planning my BC Bud Depot The Purps and Texada Timewarp now :).

5. Sorry not too hip on autos myself otherwise I would have chimed in about that. Thanks Sgt