Outdoorish 2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by inda, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Holy cannoli Man Man thats a lot of super beautiful plants ! wow, I wouldnt want to get stuck trimming that️ Dang man I got to get my last clones vegged out as big as your small ones

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

2. So I messed em up then IMG_4180.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMG_4190.JPG Red Diesel IMG_4191.JPG Tangerine Dream IMG_4192.JPG 5 Gal Tangerine Dream IMG_4193.JPG G13-Haze

they look good like they just stay in flower they are only getting direct light from around 9 til 6:30 7 ish and its shaded pretty well in the morning. so Fingers crossed bud Your Grow Is freaking Radical Man I wish I was able to pull that off I need a job as a Master grower lol Your awesome bro hope you have a super awesome run this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would say that it will without knowing to much about the breeding of the strain.

Most your early finishers are from northern/southern latitudes where you have a more pronounce shift in day lengths. With the increase in latitude you generally have more extreme weather conditions and shorter growing seasons so plants from those locations must finish faster to survive and initiate flower sometimes when your well outside a 12/12 window. I have noticed over the years when running a spring crop some girls make it even up to 16 hours of light when others will revert at 14 just depends on genetics. The CBD I have is starting to flower and I am at about 14.5 hours right now the and the plants that have White Widow in them should be showing soon. The White Widow came from a place 3 degrees north of here, where they were grown outdoors for over a decade and generally need to start flowering by 3rd week in August to beat hard frost there. Currently the day is about 30 mins longer there than where I am and I reach the same day lenght for the Widow almost a week sooner. My issue here is not really frost but conditions that favor mold so I look for girls that trigger sooner or I attempt to manipulate conditions to speed up the process such as sizing//timing the girls to be root bound and spiking my P/K.

5. My Fire OGs are a little slower to flower so they are in a shaded spot to accomplish the same thing but I lose direct light on them at maybe 2 PM because of the stupid monster hedge next door. If they were full direct sun they would probably wait until Sept to initiate flowering and want to finish the start of Nov. Hence the reason the OG was paired up with the Widow. I am taking a chance having them and the Strawberry Cough outside but making plans for an oh shit cover just in case to keep the water off them and try and trap heat to lower humidity but I have had Octobers that dump 20+ inches of rain and then sometimes have had dry ones, a roll of the dice really.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was using more than one device so missed pictures. Yeah they should be fine to keep flowering and shade will help but make sure they get little light pollution at night since they are not getting as much dark periods. Years ago I grew in a different spot in the yard and it took almost 2 weeks longer to flower after a street light was changed to a new led type and some of the light made it into the garden. A trick for more compact plants is to use a large trash can paint it white outside with a hole cut in bottom and a circle of plywood to act as a light block and place ontop of plants. You can trigger flower sooner than normal to have better weather and light to finish with. It is a good way to allow for spring plants to finish as the day gets longer. There is another guy I know had large plastic pots on dollies and would just push them into a shed at 12 hour mark starting July to finish longer strains in September to avoid the weather conditions and mold.

• Like Like x 2
  7. During the last two weeks

Today Aug 6
    Covered all my soil with a coco and black gold soil conditioner about 1"

Yesterday Aug 5
    Transplanted GS1 and Thais into 30 gallon bags.
    All my girls got sprayed down with neem ending up using about 4.5 gallons

-5 day's, Jul 31
    All my girls got sprayed down with copper sulfate.
    Top dressed per 100 gallons of soil; 1.5 cup bone meal, 1 cup rock phosphate, 1 cup kelp, 1 cup seed meal, 2 cups alfalfa meal, and 1 cup green sand.
    The CBD also got 1/4 cup of 0-12-0 guano in top dress.

-8 days, July 28
    Watered 10% container volume with molasses (1 tbsp per gallon).

Daily
    Hand watered as needed and removed in wanted growth.

Has been all dry days 85-100 day high and 60-70 night low. Some mornings overcast with decreased light and slightly higher humidity (60%).

IMG_20180806_191834.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. The SWR in the 500 gallon has filled out mostly, her tips will get through the screen but could be better. I need to try and bump up everything at least a couple weeks next year to get the most out of this setup. She is far enough along that it would be counter productive to attempt to branch out any more tips to fill the screen.Overall she has been low maintenance other than shaping he. I expect to start seeing results from the first parts of the top dress soon which should provide a nice N and K boost as the alfalfa breaks down.Once the tips are through screen I will apply the 0-12-0 guano I have which will hit in days compared to the rest of the P I have in top dress.

Crown
    IMG_0770.JPG
    Center of canopy
    IMG_0772.JPG
    Canopy to screen
    IMG_0773.JPG
    SE side
    IMG_0774.JPG
    SW side
    IMG_0776.JPG
    NW side
    IMG_0775.JPG
    Above screen
    IMG_0781.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. Next is SWR #1

When I chopped her I was slightly concerned because she was already forming solid tips although much smaller when the plant was in a more bushy form.. Tonight looking her over (a day after pictures) she has reformed fewer but significantly larger and tighter tips which stacking at 1/4" intervals She has been consistently faster than her sisters in alll areas from germination (#1 = first to germinate) at about 30 hours with 48 hours being median, then the same tendency with growth rate later on. She would have given me more weight than #5 but I do not think she will look as good.
    IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0692.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. IMG_4195.JPG I uppoted this Red Diesel from a 3 where it was getting rootbound was a reveg and been under 24/0 for 40 days . The 30 gallon I uppoted it to has plenty of 10-10-10 organic bag fertilizer containing bone blood meal feather meal composted manure and what not the Vegetavi kind I didnt add any Organic bloom yet. I wann make a store run and get some Guano and EWC for it . I plan on doing two more 30's a Tangerine Dream and a pair of twin G13-haze in the last one.

11. The late addition SWR 17. She actually has grown out a lot more in the last few days since these pictures. If she stay small enough I can always move her inside the greenhouse if weather turns.

IMG_0761.JPG IMG_0764.JPG IMG_0767.JPG

The White Lavender has been doing fine tucked back behind the master purple.

IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0729.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0730.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  12. #72 NumeroUno, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    error 404 Error404 eRror4o4

13. Yeah No, I was trying to ask you if you think I overuppotted ? 3 into almost a thirty maybe thats a little overkill it does have a good four tops , should I remove the bottom branch it has a fork in it woth two low to the ground tops, and i removed all the monster crop crasy growth yesterday when I uppotted transplanted,

14. Here is Strawberry Cough
    IMG_0695.JPG IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG

And the Master Purple, she already is taking on color and it is not even cold yet can't wait to see her once the cool fall nights hit.
    IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0739.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here is the Fire OGs (Rascals OG)

#6, Red Pheno
    She still wants to stay in a bush form and do not seeing her getting very tall but she should be covered in finger sized buds. She is not in the best spot for light, by about 2pm there is no longer any direct sun hitting her.

IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0709.JPG IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0717.JPG

#3, Green Pheno
    She is also in a lower light spot but she was already growing upwards compared to the other and should produce 3 large primary colas plus a handful of median sized ones.

IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0725.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. White Widow x Fire OG

This one is a back cross to the original male. She is along the hedge with the Fire Ogs and is in a lower light location and also a revert so smaller then the rest of the girls in 100 gallon pot but is catching up. I left her as a bush because I knew she was going to be on the smaller side and she leans that way naturally.

IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0706.JPG

The second one is from the F1 seeds but should be very similar to her sister above but possibly a little slower depending on if she leans more to the Fire OG side or faster if she takes after the White Widow. She is in a smaller container so she is another plant i will be able to save if the fall weather conditions are horrible.

IMG_0755.JPG IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0759.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. A thirty might get used up by end of season but most likely not. It wont hurt anything other then wallet if you have excess soil in the container, well maybe also your back if you have to move them. I am not sure if my 3 Sativas will even use up the 30s I put them in and they maybe flowering until Christmas. I personally only care about root binding plants when I try to grow an early spring crop with ever lengthening days. I usually go with 10s then and aim for 3'-4' height above soil and 4-6 main branches. Light is usually pretty crappy here in spring so requires additional light beyond the sun.

18. Here is the White Widow, she is close to being root bound in her small 20 gallon pot. Even though she is in a small pot i do not think I could easily get her in the green house because of height, the pot adds another 14" so that puts her over 8' now and she is still picking up height daily.
    IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0748.JPG

The CBD is also root bound and she most likely could get moved in the greenhouse if necessary but she is kinda wide. I think placing her up on the stump has helped her from getting over shadowed by the surrounding girls and it makes her look much taller then she really is in the group shots.

IMG_0750.JPG IMG_0751.JPG IMG_0753.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0754.JPG

19. #79 inda, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Finally the Last of Mondays pictures the three sativas.

IMG_0801.JPG

Gs1
    She grows the skinniest leaves and I am thinking she may express the weird Dr Grinspoon string of pearl buds pheno. At least I hope she does but then she also has the red veined WWxROG genetics in her too.
    IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0685.JPG

Chocolate #5
    IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0675.JPG

Chocolate #7
    IMG_0677.JPG IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0680.JPG

All the girls have gotten bigger since these pictures but will probably only make individual pictures once flowering sets and will just post group shots every so often. I need to get outside and water but wanted to get the pictures up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. please be the weird grinspoon

Please baby jesus shine your ever loving light on this genetic freak of a plant and grow its impressive weed balls in all its glory, amen.

• Like Like x 1