outdoor watering systems?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by farmer brown, Mar 6, 2010.

1. alrite im thinking about growing for my first time this spring. i have done alot of reasearch and due to lack of indoor resorses (space) im going to grow outdoors. i have a good spot scouted out and i have been reading up on outdoor growing. i was thinking about atempting to make a gravity powered outdoor wattering system with a 55 gallon bucket, or self watering pots, but i think that the bucket(s) will collect algae.
    1) will algae in the water hurt my plants?
    2) if i use a product to get rid of the algae will it hurt my plant?

also feel free to post any other info that u think might help me out such as good outdoor soil mixxes or other watering systems. thanks

2. i am thinking of making a similar system this season(although with a pump) as well so i would like to hear some information on this too. ..

3. #3 madodah, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    A 55-gallon drum in an otherwise deserted area is an excellent advertisement that something strange is happening and will attract interest you might want to avoid. Packing in water or diverting it from an existing water source is the standard method for guerrilla growers.