Outdoor vs indoor growing (what are the pros and cons?)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dowierasta, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Hey there,

If anyone has any pros and cons for indoor vs outdoor growing please share your knowledge as im ripping my hair out trying to decide which is best all round

1of the main things that worries me about growing outdoors is bugs, and leafier less potent bud (not sure if thats true so experienced answers would be helpful)

Main concern with indoors is the hassle of creating the right environment and maintaining it

2. You can grow some stanky shit outside. The reason a lot of outside shit is leafy/stemmy/smells shitty is that a lot of the shit you get is not cured and trimmed like your indoor.

3. curing and trimming has little to do with the quality. indoor, you control every aspect of your rooms environment( humidity and temp), making it ideally the best environment for your plants to grow the best. outdoor is fun, but always left to mother nature.

4. Outdoors--bigger plants, longer grow time--[unless you're do'n autos]--

Indoors--you may still deal with bugs, also a "controlled" environment costs $, electric bill will suffer.

I like outdoors, free light/ventilation, plus double or triple yield from each plant compared to indoors. Of course I do grow indoors during winter.......just grow!

5. if you can do indoors do it. Outdoors can be backbreaking work (really!). You need to worry about choppers, animals, flooding, bugs etc. etc..... Yes you can get a lot....the wait is longer, its cheaper to set up. I would do indoor over out 100% of the time.

6. Another reason outdoor growing is better is the legality. I don't know where you live, but in a lot of states if they find an outdoor crop they will simply cut it down, and that's that. Unless they actually find you at the grow, there is no hassle about it.

In fact, I've heard of outdoor grows where the plants were clearly on a person's property and they did nothing about it. They show up, cut them down and that's that. Indoors however are another beast. There is no doubt that the indoor plants are yours, and that you put them there, and you are clearly breaking the law. You get busted indoors, and you will spend some time in jail depending on the amount and the laws.

As far as growing goes, like people have said outdoor grows the plants will get huge. Realize that no amount of artificial light can mimic direct sun light, and because of that plants can grow into trees. It's easily possible to pull a half to full pound a plant outdoors. Indoors that would be next to impossible.

Outdoor growing can be a lot of work, but it can be worth it. If you live in a part of the US where you can legally grow a few plants outdoors then it's well worth it. If you have the opportunity to setup a perfect outdoor garden, the results can be amazing. Then, the biggest problem is security. People can/will find outdoor plants, and these people will know when to harvest, and will have no qualms about ripping your hard work off.

7. There's a difference between potency and quality.

8. I guess you would have to go into detail about this. Unless you mean quality as in taste... Because honestly I could care less about the looks of my weed if it get me blazed out of my mind, because once it's smoked it all looks the same anyway. I would take some brickity-ass brick weed that got me blazed, over some chronic that did nothing... Assuming that taste is not a deciding factor.

Yea, we all love that bag appeal, but we all love getting stoned more. ;)

I will agree that I have never smoked outdoor weed that I thought was as good as the indoor weed I have smoked. But, for that matter I don't think I've ever smoked outdoor weed that was given the same amount of attention as indoor weed, and because of that I don't think it's a fair comparison.

9. Indoor if found, depending on the size, they'll seize your house or apartment and all your shit. Outdoor they'll just chopper down and possibly set up a trap to get you but if 50-80% of your plants are missing don't go for it.

10. Can I get a citation? Or are you just espoucing opinion?

Cause I do both, have even grown same cuts in and out. And I say you're wrong.

Same bag appeal the whole kit and kaboodle were the same....except yield of course.:smoking:

Outdoors is where the boys and men get seperated out....

Anyone can grow indoors, it takes talent and skill to grow when you have to roll with the conditions outdoors. Shit I'm still learning the ropes outdoors.....and I grew up farming.

11. Actually your main concern about indoors is one of the easiest things about indoor growing.... ventilation has become pretty standard for setting up.

And outdoors yes pests suck.but like your own health care prevention is key.

What part of the globe you at OP? And what kind of space you have available for growing( both indoor or out)

12. Damn im doing my 1st outdoor growing i guess i hav a long way to go