Outdoor Veg indoor flowering with CFL? first grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TrichomeHippie, Jan 18, 2010.

1. I'm living in South Africa at the moment, and I sprouted 5 seeds about 5 days ago and the seedlings are fucking beautiful and lush. My intent is to keep 1 or 2 females (Depending on how many I get out of these 5 plants) to grow indoors, because I don't really trust my gardener with seeing my plants haha! I only have the budget for a CFL grow, but it is proving a bit problematic. The only CFLs I can find that I have read about are the warm whites used for flowering. Full spectrum CFLs are nowhere to be found, so I've been taking the seedlings outside to bask in the sun until sundown. Another problem is that I can only find 20 actual watt bulbs. So I have 4 questions:

1. Can I veg the plants outside in this beautiful african sun (Gets up to 34 degrees celcius on a hot day, probably about 18 at night), bring them inside at night (20 degrees celcius) and do the flowering in my closet with 2 20watt warm whites? I already mounted and wired 2 sockets with a reflector.

2. Should I consider wiring up a 3rd socket?

3. Could 4 cubic feet be enough grow space for flowering? If I'm correct I can force the plants into flowering with a 12/12 cycle as soon as I have like 3 nodes, so I could technically control the final size of my plants to a certain extent by limiting the nodes. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!

4. Is it possible to do the full grow with warm whites?

2. 1 yes.
    2 i would go for 4 lights total at 80w.
    3 4 ft is enough room. i would wait untill say 4 or 5 nodes for flower.
    4 yes but they will strech alot more so keep them outside untill you flower

3. Hi there i'm also from SA i found 125w cfl here dude they normally at your bigger supply shops or grow shops........ you must try and find warm and cool light.....get a bit of a different light spectrum in there....

Here is a link off bid or buy

Studio Lighting - 150W Daylight CFL Photo Video Light Bulb 5500K. Free Shipping !!! for sale in China (ID:27544397)

Flashes & Lighting - 115W Daylight CFL Photo Video Light Bulb 5500K. Free Shipping !!! for sale in China (ID:27606628)

Hope that helps