Outdoor to indoor. Questions...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by XBrad420, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Hello all. In July, second week, I started a seed outdoors in a flower box on the front of our house. A week later I put her in a 3 gallon pot and placed in the back lawn. I used soil that was left at our rental house by the owners, but can't remember the brand. I know it was clean and organic. It was mixed 50/50 with Miracal Grow seed starter.

Yesterday I pulled her inside. I placed her in a 40 gallon trash can with two 65k CFL's. Placed a centemeter away. Since placing the plant in the can, it was started looking better.

It is roughly 6 inches tall. Only has three sets of leaves, and is skinny. I have used no nutes as of yet. Been thinking of it, just not sure what to use. Still researching. The leaves are a good color green. The stem was a reddish color but is now greening since the trash can move.

My question is did I start it outside at the wrong time. I feel like it hasn't recieved enough sunlight to make it grow adequately. I am placing it on a 18/6 schedule. Would it be better to run it on 20/4 or 22/2 to catch it up. Is it possible to catch it up.

What would be a good fert or nute to use to give it a spurt. I just don'e feel it is up to par for a 5 to 6 week old greener.

Thanks for looking.

2. yes. if you started it outdoors after June 20/21 (summer solstice) the hours of daylight have already started getting shorter and the plants are already looking to put out their fruits. It is going to take some time, but you can definitely pull her out of flower and put her right back into veg with those lights. Keep them on 24 hours a day or do like a 21/3 cycle.

good luck

3. Right on man. That is exactly what I was thinking. So, should I run it without nutes or fert and treat it as a youngling still? Until it shows signs of good growth.

Or is there something I can throw on it to get the little phucker to excel. Is there anything I can use at lowes?