Outdoor Texas Plant Grow Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by touchtheskky, Apr 17, 2017.

1. #1 touchtheskky, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    What's up GC? I don't like beating around the bush so I'm going to get straight to it by telling you all that I can remember from when these babies were planted to where I am at today. I'll try to be as thorough as possible but don't hesitate to ask if I've missed something.

Anyways me and a close friend of mine finally came to an agreement and decided to grow our own bud for personal use. Since it was going to be our first run we wanted the least amount of expenses possible so we figured we'd grow outdoors outdoors. Majority of the money spent were used on seeds ordered from the single seed centre, which were great to us until we failed to receive a second order that we placed immediately after the first. Since then weve tried to contact them but their website has been down and still is which is very odd but I figured I'd handle that later thinking maybe their site is under maintenance and will go up again in the near future so any take on that will also help. Anyways we also bought about ten paint containers in which we planned to use as our pots to make our plants easier to transport if needed since they have handles.

Now onto the important stuff..
    We planted bag seeds first I think on march first as a trial run.
    Around march 14th was when the "good" bought online seeds were planted. Mind you the 1st uploaded photo was taken on March 25th a week after the "good" seeds went into the soil and about 3 since the bag seeds were planted. Since I'm very busy I let my friend take over from march 25th trusting him with the rest of the process until I was able to visit again. Well that didn't happen until the 16th of April Easter Sunday, about a month later for the good seeds and a month and two weeks for the bag seeds. I finally got the chance to visit expecting to be wowed only to be left with wonder as to why some didn't look any different. I was expecting to see them way taller. Most of them looked the same height as before and second it had only been a month since I last visited and majority of them already started showing white hairs and started thinking holy crap are the flowering already?!, which leads me to ask you guys if this is the start of the flowering stage and is it normal in the outdoor process to start flowering only being a month in, in the grow cycle. As far as all the research I've done I read that flowering doesn't start until the days get shorter and here in Texas sunlight increases from march to July and starts decreasing from august to December which led me to think that these wouldn't start flowering process out here until at least august but look as if it has already began. is my thought process for vegetation and flowering correct or am I wrong and overthinking it? And With that in mind although I was fascinated by the emergence of the white hairs I was kind of bummed out because I wanted them to vegetate at least to July hoping they could grow tall and bushy but now I'm thinking they'll stay the height they are which aren't really much taller from when I first visited them on the 25th of march and since they're showing white hairs, is this is a point of no return for them and will they just continue to flower for whatever reason that caused them to go into this stage in the first place? Spending 200 bucks on seeds I was looking to make the most out of the yield but now I'm thinking that I'll get complete opposite which sucks balls so what do you guys think? Will they continue to grow at this point or stay the same height and attempt to flower? Or will they continue to grow tall and is this just normal and a sign of pre flowering? If they are flowering how can I stop that and have the plans focus more on stem and leaf generation?

Another question.. looking at the the before and month after photos do these babies seem to be growing correctly and healthy? Or can you see any signs leading to stress damage or stunted growth or nutrient deficiency?Since this is my first time I honestly don't know what to look for. All tips answers observations feedback and suggestions you can give will be greatly appreciated.

The good stuff...
    The 3 unknown bag seeds were planted first (early march, if not the first day of march, if I'm not mistaken).The first photo upload, again are the plants on march 25th about a month to a month and 2 weeks in.. the ones that follow were all taken A month later on April 16th.
    They are not grouped but are in order as follows:
    1) group photo captured march 25th
    IMG_0409.JPG
    og kush auto flower (the farthest one on the left), a seed of og kush regular (to the right of og kush autoflower), 2 blue dream seeds (in the two reddish brownish solo cups in the middle), a strain called chocolope (in the solo cup behind the blue dream strains), 2 seeds of Pineapple Express (one top right near to the water jug and the other pictured farthest to the right), and 3 unknown bag seeds (one of which is in the top left hand corner of the photo, the other is the one that's bushy on the bottom right and the last one, which is located right above the busy one).

2) og kush auto flower captured April 16th top and side of the same plant (are these ok?)
    IMG_0410.PNG
    IMG_0411.PNG
    IMG_0412.PNG
    3) blue dream (2 different ones) captured April 16th top and side of the plant (why are they so short? And in the second phot where the hell are the leaves? My friend said he had to clip them bc they were dying.. are there any signs of that and will they grow back?)
    IMG_0414.PNG IMG_0413.PNG IMG_0415.PNG
    4) Pineapple Express April 16th they're showing white hairs.. is this ore flowering and will they grow any taller?
    IMG_0416.PNG IMG_0417.PNG
    5) chocolope April 16th
    Will these grow taller as well?
    IMG_0418.PNG IMG_0419.PNG
    IMG_0424.PNG
    6) bag seeds one of which is og kush regular just don't know which one... it may be the one I'm the middle April 16th
    IMG_0420.PNG
    Here's a close up of the one I think is og kush regular which in pretty happy about.. they're tall and busy and showing white hairs but are the white hairs appearing too soon?
    IMG_0423.PNG

I guess my main concern is surrounding the white hairs.. will the continue to negotiate showing white hairs or is this it as far as height goes for them.. all feed back would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for bombarding you guys with question after question. I literally feel like One of those annoying moms I meet who are overly concerned about the health of their first born child. These are my babies and I just want the best for them.

Thanks again and I hope you like them.. aside from my negative thoughts and worries I think they're really pretty. :) peace GC

2. You put them out to early, yea i know.....ive got 3 the same way....first pic.....whats gonna happen is they will flower till about june. ( southern usa) then they will stop and not do anything for a few weeks.then they will start veg again till flower time.... Then they will probably look like pic 2... sorta monster cropping, leaves will be round and funny looking......good it wont look like pot...lol. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Give tgem bud nutes now....then veg nutes when they revert back[​IMG]

4. You may not get a very big yeild from those.

5. Thanks, I appreciate the help! I talked to another source who grows in the southwest and they basically said the same thing. Telling me that in the spring they may pre flower but if I just let them go and water like normal they'll go back to veg and flower again in august. I wonder if that has a negative effect on the final product. How do you protect your pups in the summer when it gets too hot with them in the ground though? I plan on keeping mine outdoor and thought of bringing them in a shaded area during the hottest parts of the day. Does it really matter?

6. Yeah I was thinking the same.. the daylight will start increasing from here on out so I'm hoping they just end up going back to veg from here on out until late July to august when the day light starts to decrease. I should've planted them this month like 5 assed monkey said they were planted too early. I noticed that today looking over this years sun schedule. Hashtag Lessons learned :coffee:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is that what you're currently doing? I was thinking of saying screw it and letting Mother Nature just take it's course. Btw your girls look really healthy. Hopefully mine branch out like that too.

8. Final product may hermie a bit, give me a female seed in each bud..but i have fem seed plants that do that all the time....oh well..it will still be good smoke. It gets 100 here in the summer, they love it.....

9. The bigger the buds when it starts back flowering, the more shoots....

10. Never grown outdoors myself, but I've read on here that people use little led strip lights or those outdoor security lights to extend daylight hours in the spring to avoid flower...maybe that would put your plants back in veg?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #11 touchtheskky, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    well that sounds like a good thing! ill def keep yall updated.

12. #12 touchtheskky, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    i was thinking of about that and ive read that it would work but im limited as far as time and resources go. plus im not always there to monitor them.

I have thought about building my own stealth grow box to eliminate the hassle of the outdoors which those I would think would also come in handy. But for now I have to make due with what I have

13. So I finally got to visit the girls today and 4 of them looked like the photo pictured below. They were planted in march and practically remained the same size.. any idea as to what's wrong with them?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Here's the other two that we're also planted in march.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. And this one is the auto flower og kush strain. How do you think they're all doing? This is my first time growing outdoors so I'm kinda just learning as i go.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wats up bro I started growing literally around the same time as you this year and last, and you're looking good bro, Houston

17. Seriously bro? I feel like the 4 short ones are done.. someone told me I'd only get a joints worth out them and that they wouldn't grow anymore.. the autoflower og seems to be revegging but idk... I appreciate it though.. I have 4 more that I'm going to put outside later this month.. I jumped the gun on the other girls and put them out when we were only getting 12 hrs of sunlight (mid march) which is why I think they're short and not showing any more growth but oh well I guess you live and you learn. I'm from the dfw though Fort Worth to be exact. Good to see another TX grower on here.

18. Hey there SoCal grower here, I've done autos before looks like they are happy but your reg cannabis looks like they won't bounce back into veg from there, maybe next time do the sup lighting until you have about 13.5 hours of sunlight, you could purchase a t5 and veg them indoors 3 months before putting them outside for some monsters.Also looks like your trying To
    be incognito with your grow, maybe next time try planting in the ground and doing some LST early on and train them to lay low. You could go insane training your plants but you could grow them like a forest floor vine. Probably not helping much just chattin, hope it goes well, that auto looks tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for the advice.. in reference to the non autos, ive transported the 4 dwarfs into a smaller pot thinking they were overwatered and whenever I did that that soil surrounding the roots was muddy and cold.. is that normal? I've been watering twice a day and just read that once in flower only water once per day is this true? Also with the 4 dwarfs is there any method or technique I can use to trick them back into veg???

20. There isnt a set watering scheduele for eveyone. There are several factors. Temperatur, soil type, humidity, even wind plays a part. Your soil looks like it needs some sort of aeration also, like perlite or lava rocks. One of the most common noobie mistakes is overwatering

And theres no coming back for those ones in flower already .