Outdoor Techniques

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by spyboarder6996, Apr 8, 2008.

1. So ive probably been on GC for the last 6-12 months reading about outdoor growing (can never be to prepared). I have been wondering if height is not an issue at all ( got a beautiful 40 acre field to work with) is topping, fimming, lst'in recommended? I figure if height is not an issue wouldn't it be best just to let the one main cola grow nice and dense? I still have yet to even transplant outside but this question has been pondering my high head all day :confused:

2. and of course the main goal being to get the highest yield/potency possible

3. If you top your plant youll get two large buds on top instead of one so youll be getting more yield, im not too sure if it will change your potency though

4. so stick with topping? i just thought topping was a method to deal with smaller grow spaces and also thought every time you top it that it stunts the plants growth, and take away from the main cola production

5. you only want to do it in vegetative growth; and your right it may stunt the plant growth for a day or two.

I've heard many people recommend topping out doors, just as a saftey recommendation; so that they don't look so much like marijuana plants, with the christmas tree shape.

Personally I never top if I don't have to.

6. well im planting in a fields with a bunch of christmas looking like trees, the deadly acidic soil pine tree but this is unavoidable in my grow area and will deal with the pine trees as the issues arise

7. depending on how dense the tops will be topping will help to prevent mold by making multiple smaller tops.

8. yeah i was kind of leaning towards outdoor topping anyways

9. I would Top them, No LST, they will just dray attention. Topping takes away its original shape.

Good luck!

10. I know its all growers preference and stuff but how many times is too many for topping im really trying to get a high yield to last me through the winter

11. I wouldn't go for more than 4 colas, but some growers have topped until they got 6. Keep in mind that topping doesn't always increase yield. Sometimes you get two small colas instead of one big one. It's a genetic thing.

12. and considering im using bagseed i dont know shit about the gentics of the plants alright well i think ill try a few different amounts of topping from topping once all the way up to 5 and see which produces best results

13. top after a good set of 4-5 true leaves correct?

14. I've managed to top above the first node.