Outdoor strain suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by blueleafpencil, Nov 14, 2017.

1. #1 blueleafpencil, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Right now I'm preparing for my next year grow. This would be my second time, first time was this year and I got to say it was harder than I had previously thought but anyways this time I want some opinions regarding which strain to grow, as long as this year I harvested two weeks earlier because of bad weather.
    What I'm looking for:
    -
    early flowering variety - this is a must - (at most end of september at around 45 degrees north)
    -isn't bothered by cold weather (not frost but it shouldn't be disturbed by 55F at night in general and neither 60-65F during day in the last 3 weeks of flowering assuming it ends its flowering before 1st of october)
    -acceptable yield (assuming it was planted mid-late may to give at least 50g/1.5 oz per plant - for comparison this year the yield was 1 oz planted first of june harvested 2 weeks earlier 4 gallon pots)
    -at least 18% THC (anyways it will be lower with a few percents compared to info offered by breeder)
    -strong resistance agains bud rot and powdery mildew :this year a plant was infested with bud rot and almost all had powdery mildew on the leaves---location is in a cleared reed patch on a riverbank)

Strains that I'm considering right now, in this order:
    -Peyote Cookies (Barney's farm)
    -Candy Kush Express Fast Flowering (Royal Queen Seeds)
    -Skunk #1 (Sensi Seeds)
    -Cinderella 99 (Female Seeds)

I also thought about autoflower varieties but I feel that, although the growing season is short, it could be valorified better than growing just some autoflowers. Also the veg stage could be disturbed by cool nights and many insects and I really don't want half oz weak plants. Still, if I need to choose one, I'd go with Amnesia XXL Autoflower (Dinafem)

2. I grew Durban Poison from Dutch Passion and am happy with it its actually good smoke compared to the reviews i have read. She finished October 6th at 42°N.

• Like Like x 2