Outdoor Stereo sytem

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by homegrowntwinki, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I wasn't sure if this was the right place, but I wanted to post it here because it pertains to electronics
    Does anyone know anything about Outdoor Stereo systems?
    My buddy is having a party soon, and he's got an outdoor stereo system, and the stereo deck sucks. It's got a CD player, and the radio, but I wanna switch it with mine(for the night) from my vehicle because It's got an Aux Jack, and it'd be a lot easier if we just brought our iPods/Mp3 players, instead of burning a bunch of CD's that won't ever get used again.
    It's basically a Car Deck that's put into his little Barbecue area by his pool, and I can't figure out how the hell to take it out. There are no screws that need to be taken out, it's not epoxied or glued in there or anything, it's just..Stuck somehow? At the bottom theres a little slit though.
    Please, help.

2. P.A systems. Look into those. :)

3. I'm not looking to install one...I wanna switch out my friends Stereo Deck with mine for a night..

4. I doubt it, but does it somehow have a cassette player? you can buy a cassette with an aux jack attached.

If not just pry off the face (doesn't really sound like comes out though since outdoor stereos I have seen can't be switched) and rewire yours in for the night and tell your buddy to invest in a nice new face.

5. Nah, I have one of those Casettes too lol
    How could I pry off the face? The face plate comes off, it has an eject button that makes it pop off, but shittt.
    Do you know what they're called? Cause I've googled "Outdoor Stereo System" and Outdoor Stereo Deck and nothing remotely close even pops up.

6. Probably anything to do with indoor stereos/systems would work, The only specific outdoor part of a stereo system I have seen are speakers so any faceplate should work. Hope it works out for ya. Bad tunes can ruin a shindig.