Outdoor soil to indoor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Elcoco, May 16, 2012.

1. Hi, I have these 4 babys that came out from bag seeds. They were germinated in 4/20 and I kept them always outdoor using nothing but the sun and drinking water. Now I can't keep em outdoor anymore and yesterday they went indoor with a 1k fps light.

I have a couple of concerns (before indoor)

- The soil takes forever to dry up, around 4-5 days, and I don't water until it is fully dry, the top of the soil does dry up but when I stick my finger it is really moisty. The pots have good drainage holes on the bottom and the soil is a good one I bought at my garden store.

- The edges of some leafs look burned or sick.

Since this is my first grow, I am a little disoriented even though I have tried to read as much as possible. My plan is to turn them into hydro, I'm still working on the setup and I am well aware of the risks.

Ive seen everybody around here is very helpful, I would appreciate any comments or ideas...

PD: pics look yellow because the walls are painted yellow.

Attached Files:

2. HPS lights make everything look that color, especially on camera. Sounds like you may not have the best soil, but they look ok for now. You aren't feeding them are you?

And is it even possible to move a soil plant to hydro? I've never heard of this. Outdoor soil to indoor soil to hydro. Sounds dangerous.

3. The first set of small round leaves and single bladed leaves will naturaly die off. What kind of soil do you have them in? Also do you have a digital PH meter, calibration solution and some Ph Up & Down solutions yet? As for switching them from soil to hydro can be a pain in the butt and can also stress the plant. You would need to rinse as much of the soil off of the roots as possible.

4. No, up till now only water, I have aqua flakes nutes and root accelerator that I bought for the hydro setup, should I start using them now?
    Yes, its been done before with good and bad results.

5. I don't have the name of the soil here, but I bought it at my local hydro store, it has bat guano, worm casting and a bunch of other stuff I cant remember.
    I only have the ph test drops with color chart, I am still waiting for my ph meter I ordered. I do have ph up & down

6. The soil im using is "vital earths potting soil". It is taking forever to dry up. Yesterday I added "root excelurator" for first time.

7. Another newbi question: Since the plants all the way from seed have been used to 10 hrs night and 14hrs sun, and now 12hrs light and 12 dark, does this mean that they are in flowering stage??

8. Once a plant is old enough 12 hours of light or less can trigger the flowering stage. It takes about 2 weeks give or take a little for white pistols to start growing and form future bud sites.

9. aha. the infamous accelerator. A mixture of potassium hydroxide and ammonium nitrate if I remember correctly. good luck with that :eek:

10. What can I do so my soil drys up faster? more holes in the pot? add something to the soil?

These are my babies 1 month from germinating.

Attached Files:

11. More perlite will help drainage, but she's small and probably not drinking too much yet. Just let it dry out, she'll find the water while it's still in there. Just make sure the soil you transplant into has a good amount of perlite mixed in. I'd expect them to be bigger at 1 month, if the soil is too dense then the roots can't grow easily so neither can the plant.