Outdoor soil to indoor hydro scrog! >Cola To Heaven<

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by MultiTech, Aug 3, 2016.

1. #1 MultiTech, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Hello hello!

I have had an amazing stay here with everyone I have met at GrassCity! I wanted to thank everyone for their curiosity, comments, questions and doubts as this is how things develop and evolve for the next step!

This is a clonette from a current mountain landrace pure sativa that is from the state of Sonora Mexico.

She was rooted in an organic soil from Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico under 1 32w CFL 6500k for 8 days. After which she was transferred outdoors and super cropped 7 days after transition, 5 days later topped and 3 days later (today Aug. 3) super cropped one again to set her up for high stress training in indoor hydroponic scrog. I will be posting a video of my method for the root rinse before transfer to full hydro.

I left a central cola to grow. This cola to heaven will be surrounded by 32w t8 6500k fluorescents with a 400w HPS making her happy from above. The other outer secondary colas will have a 600w HPS with under canopy lighting as her mother has in my other current grow.

Hydro application - Ebb n flow (Flood and Drain)

Medium - Lava Rock

Nutrients will be General Hydroponics Flora Series with additives FloraBlend, RapidStart, KoolBloom, Floralicious and FloraKleen for flush. Ph down will be Phosphoric Acid (nitric acid for veg but no veg, straight to flower cycle), Ph up not needed. Water will be Reverse Osmosis (RO)

Mini-split ductless a/c set to 18-25c depending on week in cycle and day/night environment. A small fan will be used to circulate the air around the babe and up the cola to heaven lighting chamber.

Will be using basic Ph digital meter with Ph drops as well so everyone can see the exact shade of Ph in liquid test kit when compared to a calibrated digital Meter. Also digital PPM/Temp meter will be used.

I am excited to see these results as it is my first attempt at the technique for a single cola and am curious to see if she will rob the lunch money from her sisters down below.

I will be updating as she progresses so you can see my whole process from root rinse to build of her indoor home to harvest. I hope this strikes up some conversation and gets your minds twirling a bit.

The mother mid week 6:
    [​IMG]

Nutrients and Test meters/kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clonette:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dama my dog, thinks it is her pup and only allows me to get near her baby. Lol. Unfortunately, flowing does not permit doggies. :cool:

[​IMG]

Looking toward to your thoughts!

Saludos!

Full training, indoor hydro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Here's Clonette today.

A lot can happen in an evening. :cool:

I will start taking measurements when before transfer to hydro and during hydro grow.

Yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lovin' my gal! Never let me down once. The more attention and training I give her the more intelligent she becomes. In three years, Clonnette will be the 22nd grow for this genetic. She is most interesting!

Saludos!

Full training, indoor hydro.

Outdoor soil to indoor hydro scrog! >Cola To Heaven<

3. I love me some Mexican bud! Keep the posts coming. Looking good. I'm abusing/supercropping my neglected soil plants as well. They are responding great, turning into bushes. Cannabis is so resilient to being bent and broken it's crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What's up Tbone!

Thanks for the positive vibes man. I agree fully that these babes can withstand some abuse.
    Very important knowing which genetics can be trained in this form and which cannot. Sativa is more resilient to hard training techniques where as Indica can take it but is more prone to hermi traits if really stressed.

Either way a steady hand and receptive eye will be the keys to good aggressive training.

Stoke for you Tbone!

Saludos!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Here is the first part of Clonettes hydro system set-up.

This is a great example of a simple flood n' drain (ebb n flo) system that can be put together very economically and allow you to have great results with very little hastle or maintenance.

PART 1- Nutrient reservoir and medium base build.

[​IMG]
    Make two holes to screw in male connector and screw into place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Screw on female adaptor. *use Teflon tape and silicon to waterproof*
    [​IMG]

Do the same with the base of the medium container. *teflon and silicon*
    [​IMG]

On one side use a pvc end cap *this will be the pump side and will allow an inch of extra water to sit in container*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drill hole in end cap.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attach extra tube to overfill drain extension to allow nutrients to fill up 3/4 - 5/8 of your grow medium.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Add tubing to connect from pump to fill line.
    [​IMG]

Snip a bit of plastic to allow your pump cable to fit inside easily.
    [​IMG]

Do the same for an air pump tube.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good to go!
    [​IMG]

Will update PART 2 - Table and light setup soon.

Saludos!

*recommended to use black tubes to cut down on algae build up with light penetration and keep nutrients ph stable. I use clear so I can see my nutrient flow.
    Do use silicone and Teflon to keep it water tight. Don't want any leaks. (Wait 24 hours to let set)

Hope you enjoy this easy step by step guide.

Live...Love...Learn...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had to refresh the page a few times to get all the pics to load, finally got it. Can't wait to see part two. Clonnette is looking good! I'll be here for the ride my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Very good to have ya aboard Fun! It will be a fun ride!

Throwing you some stoke!

8. wow! looking forward to watching this grow.

9. Looking really good. Just a little tip, those orange buckets are going to let in light and promote bad growth in the bucket. A wrap of tin foil with foil tape works great. There are food grade buckets around that don't let in light most of them are black though. In dwc black absorbs light/heat and makes your rez hotter. I like the foil tape/aluminum foil wrap idea myself. That bubble wrap foil if you could find it might be even better with a slight insulating effect.