Outdoor soil recipe

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Eagleyedye, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Looking for input for the best soil. I love soil and love to mess around with it trying for the best recipe for my girls and veggies! Currently use worm castings, pumas or perlite, black gold potting soil, a Little bone and kelp meal. I have lots of good compost this year that I will use as tea and top amendments. I saw Jorge Cervantes add the expandable clay balls to his soil for better aeration. Anyone try those in soil? Anyway, looking to see what you guys use???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG]
    Lowes about 4 bucks a bag. A 1 pound coffee can per CF more of less at each transplanting so 4 times per year.
    [​IMG]
    About a tablespoon of sulfur per hole at the same time to retard the PH push caused by all the high PH water I dump on.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is what I use.
    4x Kellogg Patio Plus $5.99
    1x Chicken Manure $3
    1x Earthworm Castings $10
    1x Bat Guano $15
    30-50%x Perlite (large bag) $16 *Large bag lasts me 3 grows*
    There is about $60 worth of soil products here. Pretty much my budget per grow.

The next items are optional, but boy what a noticeable difference they make in the end.

Kitchen compost- I have a pile in the back yard where I scrape off kitchen scraps. Old fruit & veggies, used coffee grounds, egg shells, grass clippings and wilted flowers, etc. I keep adding to it and turn over with a rake once a week. Come spring time, I just add into soil mix.

Kelp- I live near the beach, so I collect some kelp that washes up on the beach. This gets added to the compost pile.

Charcoal- Burnt wood left from a campfire. Or burn some tree limbs in the BBQ and add them to the soil mix.