Outdoor Soil Mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ballin Toka, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Hey I'm new to growing and not sure what soil I should use to grow outside. What I'm doing right now is having a mix of fox farm ocean forest, 40 pound bags of organic potting soil, good soil I find outside with the right ph and perlite and vermiclite. Would this be a good mixture of soil? I'm also using the fox farm grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom nutrients. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

2. I'm also wondering what a good soil ph would be?

3. read my dude there are a fuk load of soil mix recipes on GC ur a little unclear with what kinda portions of each ingredient ur usin too....5.5-7.0 is ideal pH

4. thanks im still trying figure out what im going to use for a soil mix. ill check around the site.

5. #5 Ballin Toka, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
    im also using root organics soil and i was going to use that, ff ocean forest, 40 pound bags of organic potting soil, perlite and vermiclite and soil i find outside. this will be my first outdoor grow and im not sure what soil mix i should use.

6. See 3rd link under my sig or Dankohzee's soil mix (organic section). As long as it's aired out and not too strong you're good to go.

7. does anyone have any other organic soil mixes that have worked for them?

8. I've always used 1 part potting soil
    1 part natural soil (the soil were I live is great!)
    Some cow manure
    And a little bone meal

Ive also just planted straight into the ground but like I said the soil were I live is great.
    Ph for the soil should be around 6.5 or 7

Mr.duke

9. Yes I used it and it works. Add perlite and use peat for an airy soil mix.