outdoor soil growing problems

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jimvonjones, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Hello, I'm looking for advice on symptoms troubling my plants. I've never used an on-line forum before, so bear with me. I will list the details first, and attach pix.

Symptoms:
    A. Browing/spotting on edge of leaves, increasing from tip to base.
    B. Starting with lower leaves, moving up to higher nodes.
    C. Leads to drooping.
    D. May be affecting neighboring Chrysanthemum and Peppers.

Details:
    1. Outdoor
    2. Soil
    3. Germinated in "Foxfarm Light Warrior Seed Starter"
    4. Transferred to 4" pots in "Sun Gro Sunrise Organic Potting Soil" (3.8 compressed bale)
    5. Several strains (White Widow, Big Bud, Carnival, Shanti from seedbanks in NL; a naturalized line grown in US for 7+ years, originall Citral from NL)
    6. 30-40 days old (4-6" tall, at 6th - 8th nodes)
    7. water once per day in evening; generally let soil dry before watering
    8. Feeding with "Foxfarm Grow Big" diluted in filtered water, starting daily; cutting down to every other, mixing with tap water as well.
    9. No bugs
    10. Plenty of sun, not much rain, mixed humidity.
    11. In full sun from ca. 11 - 18:00
    12. Have gone 2-3 days no nutritional feeding.
    13 Have pruned partial (affected tip of leaf, see pix F & G).
    14. Have pruned full leaf (see pix B & E).

2. sounds like ur under feeding. cant be 100% on this cuz i cannot see, and i dont know what ppm ur food is at. but thats my guess, but do not quote me on that since i cannot see the problem

3. It looks like your pics didn't work, they would be really helpful in diagnosing.

A couple ideas though, if you only have those in 4" pots, and they are 40 days old, they might be getting rootbound depending on how fast they are growing.

Also, how much fertilizer are you giving each time? A full dose? And what is the pH of the water right before you give it to them? You shouldn't be watering every day. Water the pot thouroghly until it starts to come out of the drainholes in the bottom. Then wait until the top 2 inches of soil is dry before watering again. I know your pots are really small so maybe they do dry out that fast, but I thought I would mention it.