Outdoor Shed Tent Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by maejumpman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hello fellow gc members. I am planning on starting my first grow late February in a shed outdoors. I live in PA so the weather will still be cold at that time. I plan on growing 5 plants in soil, in a 4x4 tent with most likely a 600w hps. My question is if I need to purchase some type of space heater to keep inside the tent or will it be warm enough in the tent for healthy growth despite the cold temps outside the shed. Thanks for any help or advice!

2. Do you have power in the shed,if you try to run an extension cord youll be poppin fuses all day. That aside youll prob need a space heater for a few hours during the coldest part of the night. And vice versa with an AC in summer good luck

3. Thanks for the response. I don't have power in the shed but its close to my house so I thought of running an extension cord from the house to the shed. Is this really a bad idea? No matter how good of an extension cord I use?

4. U will most def need one when the lights are out.

5. If you have gas put a small gas heater in there. I use 20lb propane tanks with a burner on top but don't stay locked inside long with it.

tank top propane heater in Home & Garden | eBay

you can get them @ lowes and walmart. Run them to keep temps above 40 but I only get 3 nights a tank here in the south, not sure what it will do in that much cold. Electric will cost a lot too though. pick your poison. I usually fire mine up when the temps are 35 or lower. My goal is to keep it as far above 40 as I can. Below 40 and all ya do is maintain. When it's cold don't keep them very wet.

6. Get a little small space heater and put it on a timer opposite of your light for a few hrs. I have a little desk top one that I use.

7. Funny we are in the same boat...and state... lol