outdoor seeds for indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Scottybones, Dec 30, 2015.

1. So I have good seeds that "aren't recommended" for indoor grow. I have in quotes because I was "mostly" successful with them indoors last year. The bud could've been stronger, but it did the trick. My question is how can I make conditions better so my plants will strive indoors this winter?

2. The only way to make the conditions better is to fix your problems. You will have to give me all the details of your grow for me to respond in any more detail than that.

I don't understand the difference between indoor and outdoor strains. Different people's grows vary as much as the difference between an outdoor and indoor grow. A great outdoor strain for me in the UK would be early flowering and short flowering strain that is resilient to cold weather and mould. Whereas someone living in a different country, perhaps near the equator, would be better off with a strain that has a long flowering time and is resilient to drought and heat.

Indoors, you are in charge of everything anyway so indoor or outdoor just doesn't matter

3. Hi Scotty. I think you mean "thrive" instead of "strive." LOL I never knew there were indoor seeds and outdoor seeds myself. I've been in this pretty hot and heavy for about 5 years now and this is the first I've seen of that. They might be meaning they're a strain that gets extra tall or something like that, but if you've already grown them inside with some success, I'd say they'll probably grow in both places. The key to getting the most out of your plants is giving them the absolute best environment possible, keeping a handle on the pH of any liquids going into your plants to keep your roots healthy and able to readily take in nutrition, understanding correct watering technique and using it along with giving them a much good light as possible once they go into flower. The bigger and healthier the plant is before it goes into flower, the more you'll harvest from it in the end...obviously. Not sure if you're growing hydro or soil, but if you're growing in soil, make sure you're using an optimal blend for growing MJ...be it your own mix or store bought formulated grow soil. If height or space is an issue, just rig up something and tie the limbs down. They are much hardier than most people give them credit and you don't have to treat them like a day old baby. The main thing is making them a happy as possible all the way throughout their life cycles. Good luck! What strain are you growing if you don't mind my asking? TWW

4. The strain is Oregon greens. According to the breeder, they have been optimized for a northern grow with good anti-mold and fungal charactwristics. I'm growing soil, nothing special. Using Scott's Hyponex. Need to focus on PH control this time.