outdoor security & drying/curing idea

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mjolnir85, Jun 14, 2012.

1. I posted this in the beginners forum but wanted to swing the idea past you guys to see what you thought...

A lot of ppl do not have the ability to dry and cure indoors, so a lot of them use tarps, which are not too stealthy. I was thinking if you bought a hunting blind, which is basically a camo tent with no floor, it would be a discreet way to dry and cure, especially since it will be closing in on hunting season when you need to dry and cure your yield and a hunting blind is pretty inconspicuous at that time of year. All of the blinds I have seen are made with scent eliminating technology, have densely netted windows to lower visibility into the blind, flaps over the windows to keep out rain, and are secured like tents with stakes and tie downs. Plus you could hang up dryer sheets and pine scent car things all over the inside to help with any escaping smells.

Another thing I see for outdoor security is using your own urine to mark your territory. I used a false rut/rut starter last year to lure deer and it worked out, except the deer came around at 2am when I cant shoot them, lol. Basically it is a camo bag with a looped tube coming out of the bottom filled with scent lure that drips when the sun hits it and heats it up. I figure you ferment your piss (just to make it extra potent) and pour it in the bag and viola, you have a dripper that uses a few oz of your piss to mark your area for up to 3 weeks.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Especially If you have tried this already and it failed horribly, lol.

2. good idea but the fact that it is bottomless makes the room way too humid i think..the water in the ground will vaporize and fill the tent with water vapor..not completely sure though

3. hmmm...good call. I mean you could leave the netted windows open, just put dryer sheets around them to dissipate scent. I might be able to find some with floors too, but that wont be until september anyways.
    Honestly the last time I used one was over 6 years ago. I could probably get it from my Dad since he doesnt hunt anymore.
    I guess it would depend on the size of the shoot-through netting windows how much moisture you trap. Some are just little patches, and some are the width of the tent wall. Usually there is more than one, especially if it is a 2 person blind, so that would allow for air circulation. I guess it depends on how much $$ you're willing to spend.