outdoor questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by austin., Mar 16, 2011.

1. Can plants survive outside in like 40 degree weather?

Do I have to have store bought soil for an outdoor grow? I have good dirt.

If my weed is the small fat plant kind (it is) how big should my hole be?

And lastly will it be okay if it doesn't get every bit of direct sun in a day? like 8 hours a day or 12 or something?

Also, any idea if Aqua globes work or not? was thinking about getting some..

2. They'll survive in 40 degree but the won't grow much. 32 is death for a small immature plant but a established plants can deal with a freak frost. Good dirt? It'll work but i recommend perlite so aerate the soil. For the hole i'd make a 5 gallon at the smallest the bigger the better. 8 Hours a plenty to get a great harvest but more is better. Remember that not to many spots that get 12 hours of direct sunlight are hidden very well. Aqua globes are garbage they hole like a liter of water during summer your plants will need 1-2 gallons of water a week.

3. 0. Everything Firehose said
    1. yes, as long as soil temps are at least 60 or more.
    2. no, if other crops such as corn or veggies grow ok in native soil, cannabis prob will
    3. 24"WX16" deep. Double dig
    4.Below 6hrs a day, yield is diminished. Starting at 7hrs of daylenth, , yield increases as hours of light increase. 8 hrs of direct sun is close to optimum. Its hard to get more than about 10.

4. Most questions have already been answers but all go a little more in depth..

Your plant may survive but you'll will have a very disappointing harvest if it even makes it that far.

The ideal temp for cannabis is around 65 -75 during the day (lights on for indoor) minus 10 to 15 degrees lights off.

Your going to want to give the roots lots of growing space, I always dig my hole 2x2x2 and fill with a my own soil mix, some people make there holes bigger or small.

You can use the natural dirt but I'd recommend doing a ph test on it.if the ph is off your plant won't grow and you will have to by things to add to it such as lime potash bone meal per-lite. You can buy a test kit for $15-75 assuming you don't have one just kickin around.. but is it worth spending $15-75 on a kit only to find out you can use the soil and your going to have to buy some? I'd say no and that you should go out and by 2-3 bags of quality soil, I don't care what anyone says, good soil means good buds!

Most garden centers have all there soil outside * I know people that go there at night and borrow some soil * Though I just buy it my self.

The soil mix I use is

2 parts natural dirt
    2 parts good soil
    1/2 part per-lit or you can use sand.
    1/4 part fresh compost if I have it.

I've tried using aqua globes and DO NOT WORK...
    1) They like to over water ( they keep the soil soaked and plants don't like that )
    2) They break
    3) They don't hold enough water

Hope that helps

walter7093!