Outdoor questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jmizzle, May 30, 2005.

1. Im going to put my plants into a plastic box like a playmade or whatever those things are called. I'll put the plants into the box with its own soil and nutrients and then plant it into the ground, since the ground im planting in is shitty (clay).. what i need to know is how big of a box i should use for my plants? i have 3 right now so ill probably go with 3 diff boxes if i can get them fairly cheap. I guess a large sized pot would work too, but do outdoor plants have larger root than indoor plant?

2. why dont you use the box to take the good soil to a hole you dug?...i say this coz the smaller the roots the smaller the plant...i take compost to my spot...lat year was a new spot and i would have taken over a 100l of compost..for a out side plant you would want to have atleast a 100l container...

3. I agree.

Just dig a pretty big hole in the ground and fill it with good soil. The plant wont ever get root bound by doing it this way.

4. I agree too with tetrahydrocanna, the bigger the root system you can get the bigger the harvest.. If you cannot do the ground thing use at least a 7gal bucket or bag. I use 10 gal bags this year...along with some directly in the ground..