Outdoor Questions: Transplanting Into The Ground. Need Help/Tips

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by online_doper, May 18, 2003.

1. Hey - I have 26 plants starting outside. They vary in height. Some have just broken the soil, others are up to 5" tall and have 4-5 sets of leaves. Currently, they are on the property. I have plans to move them off the property and into the woods where a clearing is at. Right now, the plants are all in some sort of container, mostly cut in half milk jugs. When I move them to the woods, they will be in the ground. I have already dug the holes I'm just waiting for the plants to get healthy enough for me to transplant them from their containers, and into the ground. When I do transplant them, I am going to fill the holes up with top soil, and plant the plants in that (I know about parasites and other things in "natural" soil that can damage plants.) My question is, how tall should I let my plants get until it should be safe to transplant? Once they go in the ground, that's where they're gonna stay. I would hate to transplant them too early and them die out there. Like I said, some of the plants are around 5" and have 3-5 sets of leaves on them, I would say all the 4"+ plants would be safe, correct? Also, once they go in the ground, is there an ideal fertilizer to use? I have 10-10-10 right now but I can buy more, if needed. Also, should I water the plants daily when they're in the ground? How much should I water them? And finally, to avoid detection from the DEA planes/helicopters, how far apart should each plant be from another? I read somewhere 5-feet at least, is this correct? I've grown weed before, except all the other times I've done it, I grew them in buckets, never put them in the ground before. The reason I want to put them in the ground is because that allows their roots to not have a limit on how much they can grow out, therefore resulting in a bigger plant. If there are any other questions you feel should have been asked, please answer those non-asked questions for me. Also provide me with any tips, I sorta need it, I'm new to this way of growing.

Last question, is there such thing as an outdoor hydroponic system? I've heard of "slab" systems before, not sure what they are exactly but the way the guy who told me about it was describing them, it sounds like they don't need to be inside because they aren't plugged into anything, no electric stuff. The reason I asked is, I know hydro is a great way to grow better weed, faster. But, I don't have any lights and don't want any either. If there is a way I can make a hydro system that I can keep outside with the rest, please tell me. If I don't get any answers about this from any of you, I'll come back and paste the directions on how to build a system that I THINK could be run outside. Thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated!

2. imo... as far as the transplanting goes. I wait until plant have become a bit rootbound, and I like them to be beyond preflowers so I know they are females going in... imo 12" minimum before the plants are transplanted... I like a rootball.

I fluff up my holes, or whatever they go into... the soil will settle within the week and the plant roots settle in with the soil. I fill a bucket with water and thrive alive or soluble seaweed... dip the root ball and into the soil... then water. I like to make little dishes or cups in the soil around the stem to keep the water draining down where the roots are and settling that area. If I use any ferts beyond thrive alive or seaweed... its a very diluted mix for the tplant.

Think how big the plants will get and allow enough room to prevent crowding... if they end up crowding you can always prune and bend.

Some peeps do outdoor hydro... best left for the experts imo, and either way its not about speeding up the process... its using the hydro delivery system while utilizing the better sun... not quicker, just bigger. But you need power for the pump... and with hydro there is more monitering of PH and PPM... this is where solar power can come in handy... but obviously abit more risk...

anyway... good luck and have fun!

3. btw... bugs and pests are always a factor... but in nature there is always balance... for every pest there is a predator.

4. if you live in a rural area, try urinating around the perimeter of your area, this will keep small animals away
    in a suburban, midcity it will atract animals
    good luck

5. Yes - I already knew about urinating around the plants to keep animals away, this is not a problem.

Organism - Thanks for the help.

Grasscity Deals Near You