outdoor question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SSDIPainGuy, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I have 3 seedlings on my lanai (I am able to leave them outside till they get bigger) I live in florida and we have about 12 hours of daylight year round. How can it grow outside here, doesn't 12 hours of light induce flowering? Thanks!

2. even if it only receives 12 hours light; it still has to veg. only difference is that as soon as it is able to flower, it will. so it's essentially and auto-flower. kinda

3. Aahhhhh gotcha, that makes sense. I gotta tell ya, being new at shit sucks. Thanks man!

4. forgot to mention. it will take longer to veg than normal due to the limited light.

5. Try and give it some artificial light, like a light from a shed or street light to keep it vegging

6. Being a seedling it will have to mature about 4 weeks before it is old enough to flower.. a clone on the other hand would have flowered right now.. so depending on just when it was started whether it will continue to veg or try and flower out.. extend the light hours it gets till mid may to keep it in veg.. even a porch/flood will do.. or bring inside for a few hours in the evenings.. several ways to do it.. just keep it above about 15 hours a day..