Outdoor plants dying and drying up - budrot?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tilopa, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Pictures attached - my outdoor are into about 3 months and some of the big buds are starting to dry up and turn brown and crumble apart. The leaves around them will die and then they will turn brown like they are decaying.

They have been given plenty of water, maybe too much if that is possible, but the buds are not wet in any way, it has not rained yet.

What could be causing this?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. When is she due to harvest ???

Look deep inside those budz for signs
    of bugs or mold.

If u dont find anything, give a quality assurance test
    to see how it tastes.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. I looked pretty hard for mold but did not see anything unusual, no white fuzz or anything. No bug bites on leaves so.....

4. could be root rot. hows the drainage in that soil?

5. Sorry, I should have looked harder. My girlfriend came over and she pointed out immediately what it was. It is bud rot from wet bud that turned moldy. Fuck, I'm an idiot for letting this happen. When I watered them I let water get all over the bud. It is really hot and dry here and it has not rained all summer so I thought they might like it if I sprayed the leaves (and thereby the bud) with water. The bud is so dense it never really dried out and hence the rot coming in. Damn I'm pissed. But it has only hit less than 5% of the bud, is there anything I can do now to stop it?
    Thanks.

6. use a pen torch. but be careful to do it in small spurts as to not damage the buds too much.