outdoor plant, leaves turning yellow and purple at the bottom?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doggerjones, Aug 23, 2010.

1. hey everybody I've got 1 plant outside, about 1 foot tall at this point and been flowering for about 3 weeks. recently the leaves on the bottom nodes have been steadily yellowing, and recently I've noticed some purple tinge on the leaves. over the last 3 days or so the leaves have gotten quite purple and its working its way up to the higher nodes as well.

i've heard a lot of ppl say it's from the cold, but it hasn't exactly been any different temps here recently. shouldnt be the case. recently I added some dolomite lime to the soil because my pH was too low but i'm not sure if that would do anything to make the leaves purple either. and i started it on a light molasses mix the other day as well

here's some pics of the yellowing/purpleish leaves. they're from yesterday and since then it's gotten even more noticeable. kinda hard to tell in these pics, but its there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here's one of the cola, which looks good in my opinion despite the rest of the plant

[​IMG]

so ya anything anyone can guess is the problem would be nice. i'm gonna go out to buy a pH tester right now and i'll check the thread when i come back. i'm pretty sure low pH was the case tho, because I used a lot of peat moss which would make it acidic. cant be too sure tho so thats why im going to get the probe thing.

anyway thanks in advance

2. ok I just used the pH tester and the soil is about 6.9... maybe 6.95 lol

but thats close enough, right? shouldnt be causing this crazy purple coloring stuff. It has been a little cold the past few days, maybe im just overreacting