Outdoor/Organic Grow.. Tips??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mikebaker, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Wattup all!
    Im newbie to ALL forums, but i thought id start this thread to 1) get all the help i can get from you pros, and 2) to show off my babies. *Moderators- if im posting in the wrong forum, please move my post*
    So first off, i grow outdoors in SoCal. Bout 3 miles from the ocean, so we get hot sun allday (70-80 degrees w/ no humidity), and an ocean breeze late in the day.
    Ive planted clones in FF Ocean Forest soil, use FF trio almost everytime i water, and spray Zero Tolerence miticide daily.
    I started 2 indica clones in late May (Purple Kush and Burkle). I bent and tied down the longer branches to expose flowers to more sunlight. Not sure if that was correct, but seems to be doing fine.
    Yesterday, i planted 6 more sativa dominant clones (2 of each strain- Blue Dream, Alien Dawg, and Matanuska Thunderfuck). I am not very familiar with sativa, although ive grown 1 sativa plant in the past.
    Everything is in 3 gal. containers, which im hearing is not big enough. Any opinions on that?
    Also, the PK is flowering nicely. Im just not sure exactly how long its been flowering, so im not sure when to harvest. Any tips on that?
    And my last question is regarding bending/pruning. Is bending an acceptable method for increasing yield? Is there ever a reason to prune water leaves?

Any help, opinions, questions and comments are welcome.
    Thanks!!

2. The key for organics is to cultivate many beneficial soil organisms. They are added in many organic fertilizers and are best mixed in to the soil before planting. Another favorite of mine is bat guano, you can get different kinds of guano from different places that supply most of the nutrients for each stage of growth.
    I have some more tips on my website at GROguide.info
    Best of luck in your gardening!

3. Heres some pics.
    1) PK and Burkle
    2) Purple Kush
    3) Burkle
    4) group photo (keeping young clones in the shade to get acclimated)

Attached Files:

4. when did you notice your pk started flowering? here in socal, i thought outdoor flowering shouldn't happen until sometime in august. at least that's how i'm planning things out.

5. Well the shorter days of light starting few weeks ago may triger a few to start buding

6. indeed the daylight hours are getting slightly shorter. but right now, there shouldn't be enough hours of darkness for flowering where we are (socal).

7. I don't believe Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and big bloom are organic.

8. Word washedmothafuka, wish i could rename the thread now! I read that FF is organic w/ some chemicals, therefore obviously NOT ORGANIC!! Thanks for calling me on that shit.

Lovespirals- pk started flowering beggining of June. I did start everything from clones, so i believe they will bloom faster then plants started from seed.
    However, i feel ya. I was not planning on seeing any flowers til right around this time of july. I have heard in the past that in Socal, you can grow year-round (barring super rainy months). But i duno, im a rookie grower.