Outdoor Guerilla Spot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greenwall, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Hey guys, thinking about starting an outdoor grow soon. I live in NY, and the temps are getting warmer and I'll probably start my grow from mid-may to early june.

It's going to be a guerilla grow, but I need your guys help in determining how good my spot is.

The spot I'm thinking about right now is a decently dense wooded forest approximately 0.5 miles by 0.25 miles. It is located in a quiet neighborhood and surrounded by houses.

I've been there to smoke many times and have never seen anyone inside the woods. It's name on a map includes "reserve" but all there is is a forest and big ass water reservoir or something in the side.

Few people would consider going through this forest because the terrain is somewhat rugged. It is a steep like 12 foot ascension to even get into the forest, and theres just wild brush everywhere.

What do you guys think? Is there a big danger of rippers in this area, is it big enough? I've lived in this place for some time and while some people I know do go there to smoke, nobody would go into the deep part of the woods just to toke. They'd just smoke in the peripherals of the forest.

2. How are you going to grow in the woods? You need sunlight, needs to be in a open spot to get enough hours of direct .

3. porkchop is right, u need as much sunlight as possible. that might be hard to come by in a thick forest

4. Yeh if you can find a place that will have decent lighting but still hidden and hard to get to then for sure :) have a crack at it.

5. ^^Research canopy growing. Saw it on gc last year it was interesting

6. I'm not worried about light because the trees have little foliage all year around so light gets through pretty good

Mostly worried about rippers though

7. All you can do is find the hardest place to get to that's just not worth trying to get to?

8. Just hoping for some feedback on what other's think of the stealthiness in my grow area. This was the only one forest around my place for at least 30 miles that hasn't been cleared and used as a park and is decently sized.

Would you guys grow in my situation? Or not risk all the effort and money it would require for a few small indica plants

9. If it were myself I'd definitly give it a shot, but id definitly scout out a really decent spot.