Outdoor Growing Yeild per plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by supfoolio2114, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I am just curious to find out what the average yield per plant is for outdoor growing?

2. it varies, some get 2 oz some get 2 lbs, it depends on 2 things, the strain and the experience of the grower

3. I wouldn't say it depends on the experience of the grower as much as the attentiveness of the grower to find out and fix any problems that occur ASAP and that you make sure you don't overwater and drown your plants and that you pick a strain that is known for a high yield and will finish before your first frost in the fall. Oh, also it helps to TELL NO ONE and disguise your plot so that if you put a $100 bill on the tree near your plot no one would take it for the whole season.

4. Itvhas to do with the experience of the grower because a experienced grower knows how to correct problems and not under/ over water and which nutrients to use and which ones not to, and when to harvest.

5. I hate you.

6. Jim Lahey has made an appearance :p

7. i have 20 seeds and i would be happy with yielding one oz im so desperate :'(

8. One big factor is location. Plants in full sun all day will certainly produce more than the same strain in partly shaded areas if everything else is equal. Having said that, I personally plant in wooded areas where the plant is shaded part of the day. I would rather harvest 3 or 4 ounces from a plant than grow the same plant in the open and see the pound of MJ on it being taken by LEO or some lowlife ripper. Safety is the first concern.

9. I love you. I hope you are on my friends list.

10. Really because me and my friends have around 50 seeds and he lives on a 50 acre land so we are growing there in a sunny area what should I expect if i am really careful?

11. I'd expect for you to fail if you don't read the basics and get your holes amended etc etc etc, read the stickies, ask some meaningful questions, btw 50 is way to many to start with, too much water to carry, too much to hide, I'd look over the laws in your state too, could equal some massive jail time if you get caught. Good luck with all that...

12. question gets asked a ton here, read

13. I totally agree. You don't want too much sun if you're growing guerilla. It means too much watering and too much in the open. You do need 5-8 hours of direct sun though.

Haha IATL: I love you/ I hate you.... LOL.

As long as I get enough to smoke for 6-12 months I'm a happy camper. Something to be cosy for the long winter evenings. It beats beers and cigarettes anyday. That and my girl, my guitar and of course Halo 3!!!

14. I wonder just how many times we will get asked this one.

15. Well we have 30 seeds that we are planting to grow putting 15 in separate areas. I know how much watering it will be but im not really worried about that i have 3 other people helping me. I was just curious what I should be expecting yield wise? Once again we will not get caught because my friends land is huge and completely woods.

16. #16 champloo, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
    Decent light exposure, big holes. Good soil. Lots of care and educated fertilizing/feeding. You will get impressive yields.

Also look into low stress training. That will also increase your yield.

Theres no set amount anyone could tell you your gonna get.

Just expect 1 lb a female (if you do keep them healthy and all). And you shouldn't have too much dissapointment...hopefully.

17. 1 pound seems really a lot to me. OP gets a bit more than 1/2 pound per plant, 246 grams, (1 pound = 453 grams), and this is OldPork with spots used every year with the best soil and care. His spots don't have 10 hours sun though (better for stealth) and his season isn't the longest. Cantharis, another pro around here, gets a whole lot per plant but has max sun and can tend to them peacefully on his terrasse. I'll be happy if I get 150 grams per plant.

Here are OP's yields from 2008:

White Widow, sum of 3 plants
    1.63 pounds
    26 ounces
    737 grams
    White Widow, per plant
    .54 pounds
    8.67 ounces
    246 Grams

AK-47, sum of 2 plants
    1.09 pounds
    17.5 ounces
    496 grams
    AK-47, per plant
    .55 pounds
    8.75 ounces
    248 grams

This will give you an idea. The main thing is to get enough for the year (maybe 2 pounds: 10 female plants). I'll copy paste this for these types of questions.;)

18. Ah I C. Maybe a QP a plant is a better expectation :p

I guess the pounders are with optimal conditions.

19. Well because the land is so huge they can get as much sun as there is hours of sunlight and we wont get caught as long as no one tells or squeals. I mean it won't be as hard once that males are pulled so I've heard. I just wonder what I should expect from around 15 females.