OUTDOOR growing question! Please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shmeeb, Jun 4, 2009.

1. #1 Shmeeb, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    After germination, is it better to let the sprouts/seedlings grow indoors for a little, or just put the germinated seeds straight into the ground outdoors?

If you believe it is better indoors, can u please explain what i should do if i plan on later putting it outdoors? (ex: how much light, how many hours of light)

If you believe it is better outdoors, please explain what i should do immediately after germination.. (ex: just put it into soil, or put it into cup for a lil--then soil)

Thank you!
    :)

2. I put mine into the sun as soon as they sprout. But on my roof it is frost free with no herbivores.

3. Yea - but a roof top isn't out in the woods or a field. :) Let your plants get at least 6" tall in a 4" pot or whatever size you are using before moving to the outside plot. This gives them a fighting chance. You don't have to keep them inside - you can put them on the back porch where there is full light all day and they should be fine for the first 6 inches of growth.

I have in the past planted seeds directly into prepared ground and just left them there - checking back after a month to fert. While this method works I dont recomend it. I lost to many and had to replant.

4. imo i would take the time to sex the plants unless they are fems

24 hours until 4th node
    12/12 obv
    once they show, you can start to introduce them to sunlight slowly (acclimate)

5. I somehow think that is the point I was making.